• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    Well we got our tax check today, and I needed some more ammo for my Mosin Nagant. Called around to a few stores, and after hearing some awful prices on 54r, and getting attitudes from a popular East side indoor shooting range(wink-wink), I called up Wanamaker Guns, and the guy who answered was very friendly and had no problem giving me prices on the phone and answering all my questions. I asked him if they sold in bulk, and he said not usually, but how much did I need? I said maybe 1 or 2 thousand. He chuckled and said they had a 440 rd can and another 100 rds of Hungarian. I asked him how much, and he said $125 for the tin and I think 30 for the other 100. Not a bad price compared to many online deals I've been seeing. I asked when they closed and he said they were open till 5 but could maybe wait if I needed them to.
    I told him I'd be there in an hour. When I got there, I was greeted the second I walked in the door and asked if they could help me. I said I was the one who had called about the ammo, and they had it already out for me and everything. I chatted with a couple of the guys in there while I was looking over their .45 ammo and some of the other rifles in there, and they were some really nice people. I ended up getting some Fed HydraShok .45s while I was there and told them how much I liked being in a place where the counter people don't treat you like an a****le. We had a good laugh and they said come on back!

I've never been to this place before, but I'll DEFINITELY be going back!
    Thumbs up to Wanamaker Guns :yesway::yesway::D

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Scott is a great guy, I do not know the name of the other guy that works there but Scott (and his dad) own the place. They keep my C&R FFL on file there so I do not have to fill out the ATF forms for my purchases, most dealers won't do that any more.

Top Bottom