• ...and so much more!
  • JRHawkins1118

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    So far my reloading experience has been pretty positive. I have noticed I’m not going to the range as much because I’m trying to figure this out. To date I’m only working on 9mm. It’s exciting when I turn out a batch of good cartridges.

Regarding the plunk test vs the caliber gauge, I have found myself using both.

Today I had a few rounds that didn’t sit flush in the caliber gauge, but then put them in my P10 chamber and they make that plunk sound. So I’m assuming they will fire. But tomorrow we’ll tell!

JRHawkins1118

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome to the hobby of reloading. Been doing it for decades with many, many calibers. When you have questions, you are definitely in the right place on INGO. There are many knowledgeable reloaders here who can and do provide reliable advice.
    So, keep calm and reload on! :wavey:
    Thank you!

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Reloading can be VERY rewarding on many levels. In some ways, I like reloading more than I like shooting.
    (Wow...did I really just say that?)

As for case gauges, the ones from Sheridan Engineering are especially helpful is your decide to reload any cartridges with shoulders:

You really get to see where the case is fitting in relation to the chamber among other things.

tomcat13

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Near Louisville
    Welcome to Reloading.
    If Multiple weapons are involved, I've always felt like 9's can be Finicky on what they'll eat.
    IE, my Smith M&P 2.0 will stovepipe on loads that my Browning HP will cycle Trouble-free.
    Just requires some fine-tuning.
    Enjoy!

Top Bottom