• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LawDog76

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Brownsburg
    How about we start a list, possibly a sticky, and list all the places we've been that have "No Firearms Allowed" signs posted so members and their family may take their money and go elsewhere to shop. We also need to make the list PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and show retailers that they are actually LOSING money due to these signs. The list could be handed out at Gun Shows and 2nd Amendment/OC is legal walks (aka to some as INGO Event/walks {yes I know these walks are not actually sponsored by INGO}).

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    There was a website in VA when I lived there that did that exact same thing. I'll start. Pic A Part on the Near west side is Posted as No Guns Allowed, Oh, and Jared's Jewellers in Greenwood

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    A really good idea for getting that one business to remove their "No guns allowed" sign. Let me know what you think. I might actually try this.

rightnerve.com Blog Archive You Can Make Your Town Safer NOW!

I like it. Alternately, I printed up some "No Guns = No Business" cards that someone posted here a year or so back. They're pretty nifty. When I am out & about and notice a business has a "No Firearms" sign, I will ask to speak to the manager & hand him one of those cards.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    How about we start a list, possibly a sticky, and list all the places we've been that have "No Firearms Allowed" signs posted so members and their family may take their money and go elsewhere to shop. We also need to make the list PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and show retailers that they are actually LOSING money due to these signs. The list could be handed out at Gun Shows and 2nd Amendment/OC is legal walks (aka to some as INGO Event/walks {yes I know these walks are not actually sponsored by INGO}).
    Two threads that have done this come to mind. One was the "no guns signs" IIRC, and the other was anti-2A businesses.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I like it. Alternately, I printed up some "No Guns = No Business" cards that someone posted here a year or so back. They're pretty nifty. When I am out & about and notice a business has a "No Firearms" sign, I will ask to speak to the manager & hand him one of those cards.

:yesway: Awesome! Very nice!

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I believe there are actually 3 threads. One for central, one for northern, and I started one for southern. They get lost in the shuffle and forgotten about

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    i like the ideas he pushes in that article, however...

would a transfer of liability stand up in an Indiana court if something actually happened? if not, this could be a waste of time writing that type of letter b/c if the store owners attorneys know it wont stand up, then all the letter will do is give him a good laugh.

then we are back to basic boycott letters and refusal to do business there, which is still good.

if liability transfer will stand up in Indiana, then i think its a great idea.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I keep a couple of those "no gun = no money" cards that I found on a thread here in INGO.
    Some place just have a "no weapon policy", in this case I dont leave a card.I dont have one who says "no pencil = no money" as I think that anything can be used as a weapon I just totaly ignore those signs but if its clearly about firearms I leave a card.
    I have yet to see a business with a friendly gun sign like this one.

Licensed_Concealed_Gun_Customers_Welcome_Here-620x405.jpg

If I ever see one I will make sure to let everybody know. :D

Top Bottom