• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    My wife found a great deal for long shelf life bulk food. They will ship to your house or "bunker". Shipping is included in the price. This is through Sam's Club. Everything has a 15-30 year shelf life until opened, then it has a one year shelf life. Here are the links:
    Augason Farms Food Storage 1 Year Kit - Sam's Club Farms Food Storage 1 Year Kit
    Augason Farms™ Food Storage 1 Year Kit for 4 People - Sam's Club Farmsand#8482; Food Storage 1 Year Kit for 4 People

Now I just need to build more storage space...:n00b:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    you realize that this actually doesnt come with meat right? it comes with vegetarian meat substitute? not trying to rain on your parade..........

jake

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    you realize that this actually doesnt come with meat right? it comes with vegetarian meat substitute? not trying to rain on your parade..........jake

I noticed that too, but got to thinking if things get bad enough that I have to rely on my emergency food supplies, I don't think I'll be worrying about eating a meat substitute. I think I'll just be happy to be eating and guarding my weapons and ammo cache.

It looks like a good deal to me. Just leave all the supplies in the shipping boxes, put them on the shelf and forget about them for 25 years.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I still think it is a good deal but if you will also notice it says 1 year for 1 person based on 1200 calories per day. If I remember correctly from other sites some others are based on about 3x that amount of calories per day. The cost difference may just be due to how they calculate what a "Year supply" is.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I still think it is a good deal but if you will also notice it says 1 year for 1 person based on 1200 calories per day. If I remember correctly from other sites some others are based on about 3x that amount of calories per day. The cost difference may just be due to how they calculate what a "Year supply" is.

Yep- missed that part, I think you are right.

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    you realize that this actually doesnt come with meat right? it comes with vegetarian meat substitute? not trying to rain on your parade..........

jake
    Yeah, I know that. You are probably not going to find too many canned meats that are going to have a shelf life this long. Shelf life is kind of the point here. For canned meats, (probably Spam) I'll get those seperate and deal with them accordingly when they get close to their time. There is also another link for a four person/year package...

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County

Hoosier49er

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 12, 2011
    I'm going to have to do a cost comparison on them. One problem I see is that a lot of the items we would need are out of stock. They DO have a good shipping deal though...

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    You're not the first person I've heard reference them, they must be good to go. I'm going to have to order some stuff off of them and give it a try.

Honeyville is definitely good to go.:yesway: Can't beat the flat shipping fee, no matter the size of your order.

IIRC, they are the manufacturer of the powdered egg products, and are not likely to be beaten on price for those.

Top Bottom