• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I really miss Sportsman's Warehouse. I used to drive over from Kokomo at least once a quarter. It was really nice to be able to walk in and purchase exactly what I needed for reloading, gunsmithing, and camping. Gander Mountain is better than Dick's, but not by much.

Mosin-Me-Nagant

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    I have found Dunhams prices to be almost half of Dicks prices on accessories and a better firearm selection. I wonder how Gander will perform. It is still exciting to have more variety. There are about 25 places in Lafayette to buy ammo now

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Gander is only better than Dick's because they stock handguns.

I hope your Gander is better than the one here in Castleton. Was there today because I have a $20 off anything coupon. It looked like a company trying to go out of business with such a meager selection it was pathetic. Was told the store was "under new management" which means Gander wasn't happy with who was running the store. To me it looks like the new management believes in saving money by not stocking anything.

I wish Cabela's didn't decide to stop building the store on the south side of Indy!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I just came back from there. I've NEVER seen so many firearms in one store. (most of them overpriced by about 20%, though) The story is that this store will have the largest firearm inventory in the chain.

I was mostly interested in checking out the fishing tackle.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yep, GM is like a big walkabout catalog where you can look, try on, wish and dream but buy somewhere else.

However, GM sometimes has what I want when no LGS does so GM becomes place to buy.

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    I was in there Wednesday for the soft opening. Huge gun selection, but over priced. I however knew that before going in. I was not impressed with the quality of the help behind the counter. Wanted to see a birdshead Ruger Vaquero, the clerk was trying to swing open the cylinder! Also noticed some of the firearms were mislabeled! Pointed it out, but they did nothing. Most clerks were not up on the compter cash resisters yet. Rescanned my purchases a few times before they got everything right and that is with three or four "helping" the other out.

What got me was ammo prices. No not the high prices, but the few (very few) low prices. My brother was with me and he always is looking for .30 carbine. Walked down the aisle and found UMC .30 Carbine FMJ at $8.99. Asked one of the clerks to confirm that price and yes it rang up $8.99.:D

Didn't check everything over. I didn't see any reloading supplies, but I could have missed them.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Man, they got that store up quick! I didn't know they were going to open so soon. I could use some .30 carbine. Is that a good price?

ARGarrison

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Indiana, of course
    $8.99 is a great deal on .30 carbine. When the Sportsman's Warhouse was there I was buying .30 carbine at $16.99 (box of 50). Someone messed up along the way. We, brother and me, gave them a chance to correct the mistake. Even going as far as telling them that it's a very low price. I think all the other .30 carbine beside it was maked in the $24 range for a 50 round box.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    $8.99 is a great deal on .30 carbine. When the Sportsman's Warhouse was there I was buying .30 carbine at $16.99 (box of 50). Someone messed up along the way. We, brother and me, gave them a chance to correct the mistake. Even going as far as telling them that it's a very low price. I think all the other .30 carbine beside it was maked in the $24 range for a 50 round box.

Thanks! I gave my M1 Carbine to my son as a gift for graduating BMT for the Air Force and I want to start stockpiling some ammo for him. He will probably shoot it more than I have.:)

hopcam

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Stopped by there on my way to Chicago today. Pretty jealous of how nice that store is compared to the 2 we have in the Indy area. They have A LOT of guns. Overpriced as we all know... Guy said they had 5000 guns in stock. Not sure if that was true but they had a lot. Most CZ shotguns I've ever seen in one place...

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Stopped in today since I was on that side of town.

They definitely have a lot of merchandise. More guns and ammo then I've seen in one store probably anywhere.

Same high prices as any other Gander Mountain.

I spot checked a few items.

Winchester White Box 9mm 100 round count for $39.99 :n00b: Same box for $24 at Walmart.

Almost $300 for 600 rounds of Federal 5.56 :n00b:

They do stock the Danner boots I wear for work at a decent price so that's a good thing I guess.

Top Bottom