• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    “The 2nd Amendment right of American citizens to keep and bear arms has been clearly upheld by the Supreme Court as an explicitly individual right. While I can support measures to keep guns out of the hands of violent criminals, I will not support any legislation that infringes on the ability of law-abiding citizens to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed right to legal gun ownership. Hasty action by Congress will not prevent gun violence, and the White House readily admits their proposals will not end it. If we hope to stop another tragedy like Sandy Hook, then it must be through deliberative action that makes it harder for criminals to get guns, and easier for those who need mental health care to access it. The vast majority of gun owners are neither criminals nor mentally unsound, and limiting their ability to buy or posses firearms will do little to solve our real problems.” --Rep. Todd Young (IN

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I grew up in the 9th district, glad ya'll have a good rep. We need more of them.

rogerdt99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    New Albany, IN
    That is the most definitive statement he has made yet. All of the responses I have received from his office so far have been vague and wishy-washy. It is good to see that he is firmly looking out for our rights.

We all need to keep up with contacting our elected officials, I truly believe that we are making a difference. The fight is not over and this is not the time to ease off of the accelerator.

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    He was our rep till the new districts. Liked majority of what he did. District 6's Luke Messer also had a great statement.

“The Second Amendment protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms from being infringed. I will defend this constitutional bedrock against the unwarranted assaults the President announced today.”
    “The President’s attempt to circumvent Congress to implement part of his gun grab should concern all Americans, regardless of whether they own a firearm. These proposals should be carefully considered by Congress and not rushed through by a President who is unwilling or not interested in working with the representatives of the people.”
    “Our entire nation mourns the terrible loss of life that occurred in Connecticut last month. In response, we need a serious discussion about how we treat mental health in our country. I am ready and willing to work together on real solutions like improving school security and determining how we best identify and treat the people who carry out such evil acts.”
    “But, gun bans are not the answer. History shows that gun bans keep guns away from law abiding citizens, not criminals.”

Last edited:
    Top Bottom