• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Good read and would help clear up something that's been keeping me from going to certain places, like the Indy Children's Museum. I'm in favor, for sure!

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Great article. Have borrowed one line contained within to update my signature - "In the end, the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." :yesway:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    First time I've heard about the Texas incident. Great article. I wish people in DC would study the numerous examples like this from recent history so we can avoid them in the future.

I'm sure this has been posted elsewhere, but it seems relevant. It's about the Colorado theater.

Did Colorado shooter single out Cinemark theater because it banned guns? | Fox News

It would definitely be worth your time to read about Dr. Hupp and find the Videos (several) of her old and recent (this year) testimony.

She is well spoken, educated, professional, and passionate.
    In fact - I think I need to share some of it on FBk Again soon. ...

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I recall reading another comparison in re: Dr. Hupp's sad story.

10/16/1991 was the date her parents were among those murdered at Luby's Cafeteria.
    Two months and one day later, 12/17/1991, three guys entered a Shoney's restaurant in Anniston, AL, planning to (at least) rob the place. One customer was drawn on after the others had all been herded to the walk-in cooler, and the customer fired back with his own .45. BG#1 was grievously wounded, on the floor. BG#2 made his last mistake when he shot at the customer and had fire returned. Both men were wounded, but the GG only grazed, while BG#2 was mortally wounded. BG#3 ran when #1 was shot. It is noteworthy that these guys had previous convictions and had committed a murder ("allegedly" :rolleyes:) a few days earlier as well.

Oddly enough, this story, only two months after Killeen, wasn't all over the news. It was written about in the LA Times on 1/1/1992, and in the Christian Science Monitor.

Source: Keep and Bear Arms - Gun Owners Home Page - 2nd Amendment Supporters

Blessings,
    Bill

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks B-o-R ...

I have a recollection of that now that I read it.; thanks for sharing. one more for my collection of facts and tidbits.

It is interesting that the PRO-GUN opinion was from the LA Times in 1992 - isn't it.?
    I doubt that would happen today.

Top Bottom