• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    As an ex-Californian (been in IN for six years), there is something that we need to remember: He may been liberal by Indiana standards, but each Senator is elected in their own state. He is likely as conservative as anyone that could get elected in Mass. We need all of the friends we can get. Get the best we can from every state.

The difference between the States is important. That's why our Constitution is written the way it is. What plays in Boston would likely be abhorred in Indianapolis. Let's build bridges and make friends where we can. Fiscal conservatives that are social liberals (and I think he qualifies??) need to be valued for being the ally that they are.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    you know, I have high hopes for him after his acceptance speech. But it is just a speech and actions are louder than words. So we'll see...

either way, a democrat losing in that environment is a huge win and should send a loud message to the rest of them up for election this november.

T-rav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    As an ex-Californian (been in IN for six years), there is something that we need to remember: He may been liberal by Indiana standards, but each Senator is elected in their own state. He is likely as conservative as anyone that could get elected in Mass. We need all of the friends we can get. Get the best we can from every state.

The difference between the States is important. That's why our Constitution is written the way it is. What plays in Boston would likely be abhorred in Indianapolis. Let's build bridges and make friends where we can. Fiscal conservatives that are social liberals (and I think he qualifies??) need to be valued for being the ally that they are.

Thats kinda what I was getting at, I may not agree with a social stance he has but I'll trade that for the important things like being a fiscal conservatives.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm worried. It's great news and all, but I'm still worried.

Worried that Dems will push the HCB and CaT through the Congress in the next ten days. They won't? Are you sure? I'm not.

I'm also worried that Dems will see this as a Rally Cry. They'll use this to turn out voters like they did for obamatard.

We have a LONG fight ahead of us. Don't pop that cork yet.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    He does OPPOSE same-sex marriage just for the record as taken from boston.com

"Unlike some of his fellow Massachusetts Republicans, he has spoken out forcefully against same-sex marriage, supporting a Constitutional amendment to ban such unions, and he has opposed the repeal of the federal Defense of Marriage Act."

As for the abortion I dont agree with his stance on that, but the things that are at risk of killing America cap and tax and healthcare he will fight.

Good to know :yesway:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm worried. It's great news and all, but I'm still worried.

Worried that Dems will push the HCB and CaT through the Congress in the next ten days. They won't? Are you sure? I'm not.

I'm also worried that Dems will see this as a Rally Cry. They'll use this to turn out voters like they did for obamatard.

We have a LONG fight ahead of us. Don't pop that cork yet.

By no means should we be relaxing, this is but the first step of many we must take to remove the trash. Bayh and Lugar should be next.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    By no means should we be relaxing, this is but the first step of many we must take to remove the trash. Bayh and Lugar should be next.

I sure hope you're right. We can only do our little small part here. I just hope everyone else follows through.

Brown still worries me. All I care about RIGHT NOW is that he will fight tooth and nail against cap and tax and the HCB. I'd also like to see him fight against any anti-Constitutional SCOTUS Judge nominee as well. I'm just not sure I have faith that he can do that.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    I think it's also important to keep the pressure on our representation. Now would be a great time to send a reminder letting them know they can expect to suffer the same fate if they continue to ignore us. Just sent Mr. Bayh the following after learning Mr. Brown won in Mass. Hopefully, if he continues to hear from enough people he will reconsider his position to support Obamas disastrous bill....I plan to help send him to the unemployment line come November anyway!

Senator Bayh,

You no doubt are aware of the result of the special election in Massachusetts. I hope you were paying attention. It's time to do what should have been done to begin with, craft a bill that will result in real reform, that is paid for with no accounting tricks, includes tort reform, allows insurance companies to compete across state lines, does away with pre-existing conditions, finds and eliminates waste and fraud in medicare/medicaid, and is not fraught with bribes and deals to buy votes!

You see, the people tried to warn you a government take over of healthcare was not want we wanted, but we were dismissed as fringe elements worked up by the insurance industry(actually we were called a lot worse...tea baggers, extremists, etc)and ignored. I've grown tired of the name calling and being ignored.

You sir, were elected to represent the people of the great state of Indiana not the interests of the Democrat party. As an Independent I have no allegiance to a particular party. The candidate that will do what is right for our great state, will follow the Constitution, and listen to his/her constituents will get my vote. I don't care if you have a D or a R after your name. Just do what is right and you will earn my vote.

So I ask, do you get it now? Do you finally understand what we have been trying to tell you? Do you really want to continue to push the current monstrosity of a bill against the will of the people? Or would you rather do what's right, step back, reach across the aisle and start anew on reform we the people can be proud of. Rest assured I and many others will be watching and if you continue to ignore or dismiss us, you will suffer the same fate as Ms. Coakley.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    My letter will just basically say,

Evan Bayh, (No, I will not address him as Senator anymore and I haven't for a while)

See what happened in Mass.? YOUR FIRED.

Sincerely,

Indiana

:D No reason to sugar coat it.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    :dunno: I'm BUMFUZZLED!:dunno:

It looks like the Mass. Machine isn't even going to claim election fraud and spend six months verifying the results!
    They may even seat him before May.

Doug

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    My letter will just basically say,

Evan Bayh, (No, I will not address him as Senator anymore and I haven't for a while)

See what happened in Mass.? YOUR FIRED.

Sincerely,

Indiana

:D No reason to sugar coat it.

trump-youre-fired.jpg

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    One of the main things that ticked the folks in Mass. off appears to have been the raw arrogance of the Administration and the Democrats in general. In light of this - I would like to propose the new official beverage of the Obama administration: Are You Worthy? or just google arrogant b@stard ale....

I'm not a beer drinker, but I love good websites, and this is one of the best around.

Bruenor

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    Pendleton
    This is a major upset for the Democrats. Being one of the most liberal states in the nation didn't matter. Having the long history of the Kennedy family didn't matter. Having the sitting Democrat president fly in for a last ditch effort to rally the troops didn't matter. What mattered was the independents. Registered independents voted for Scott in droves, and the independents are how you win elections. Whichever party has control of that vote does well in an election.

With how the last year has gone, this swell of anti-incumbent, anti-Washington movement amonst the independents will allow quite a few upsets in the November election. It's not unlikely to see the Republicans take back the House, and make serious gains in the Senate. Brown may be too liberal on some things for my view, but in reality it won't matter after November. Right now he's the 40th vote to stop debate, but at the end of the year he'll just be one amongst several new Republican senators.

I'm predicting a 55-45 split in the Senate after the November elections, with the Democrats still holding power. At that point we have the wonderful world of gridlock. I don't trust our politicians enough to believe that they could make things better, but by having gridlock they can't make it any worse.

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    One of the main things that ticked the folks in Mass. off appears to have been the raw arrogance of the Administration and the Democrats in general. In light of this - I would like to propose the new official beverage of the Obama administration: Are You Worthy? or just google arrogant b@stard ale....

I'm not a beer drinker, but I love good websites, and this is one of the best around.

As a beer drinker, I propose that that beer is not made the official beer of Obama. AB (as it is usually abbreviated) is an American Strong Ale (ASA) and none of the folks with Obama are strong Americans. They couldn't stomach the beer if they tried. Obama drinks what? Miller Lite or some crap like that? Seriously... AB is an amazing beer, and deserves to be the beer of my Administration (when I'm elected President, of course).

But, on topic, hurray to Mass for not being stupid. I'm glad they're beginning to wake up. Living in Bloomington, I was wondering why everyone on Facebook had, "Oh no! Mass!" I couldn't figure it out, I'd forgotten about the election. But now I'm ready to rub it in.

Hopefully this is a showcase for more to come.

( By the way, anyone man enough to try AB, go to your local Big Red or whatever liquor store, and by one. You'll love it or hate it, but if you love it, you'll know to vote for me when they start running my campaign ads. )

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I think Mary Jo might even raise a beverage to this one... (In celebration... and because of what it would do to Teddy-boy)

Never forget.

Character matters. Good people can disagree on the best direction. Character still matters.

At the end of this it all boils down to a simple question: will he keep his word? Or can he be bought? You know that they will try, and only he knows if he will pass the test.

Top Bottom