• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield
    Fogo de Chao is good, and less expensive for a lunch visit in the week..

Longhorns is my favorite chain restaurant for a steak and there is one in Avon. Texas Roadhouse if you are on a budget.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Before I retired we had Safety Lunches different places (not always Steakhouses) and Longhorn in Avon was one of the restaurants. When time to pick the place for my Retirement Lunch, it didn't take me two seconds to pick Longhorn.

Lectric102002

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    .- ...- --- -.
    For a good steak and lots of other good choices you might try Charbono's in Avon. Not too far from Plainfield and always a good meal. They are owned by the same guy that owns Mesh on Mass, Stone Creek, Boulder Creek, Bru and a few others.

This guy.

Cunningham Restaurant Group

If you go to Charbono's on Saturday night, you'll most likely find my wife and me eating at the bar. Prime rib is usually the special on Sat. night.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    I know you said you would like to avoid downtown...but if I have two great reasons to go anyway.

1. Fogo De Chao (as others have said)
    2. Mortons Steakhouse (this place has some awesome steaks!)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    OH MAN! I love Fogo de Chao. I've been to several around the country and even in Brazil. Unfortunately my wife thinks it's "too much meat". Is that even possible?

I've been wanting to try Fogo de Chao ever since I heard they were opening. Unfortunately, DoggyMama eats like a bird so getting her to go to an all-you-can-eat place is almost impossible (and really kind of silly since she's done after the first plate). I may have to go solo sometime.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    I've been wanting to try Fogo de Chao ever since I heard they were opening. Unfortunately, DoggyMama eats like a bird so getting her to go to an all-you-can-eat place is almost impossible (and really kind of silly since she's done after the first plate). I may have to go solo sometime.

Is your birthday coming up? Just sayin... :)

Who Dares Wins

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2010
    Plainfield

Fogo has really good salad/appetizers all you can eat buffet and it may be cheaper if you don't want the meat. Week day lunch time saves money.

Top Bottom