• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    Gallup did a poll in honor of President's Day on who are considered the Greatest Presidents in our history.

Link: Americans Say Reagan Is the Greatest U.S. President

The top 5 in descending order are:

1. Ronald Reagan
    2. Abraham Lincoln
    3. Bill Clinton
    4. John F. Kennedy
    5. George Washington​
    The list runs 17 places, Obama comes in 7th between the Roosevelt cousins, G.W. Bush is 10th followed by Jefferson at 11. There are only 4 names that pre-date 1900. Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson and Jackson. If you consider the names on the list they are only names that modern people that know very little about our history and Presidents are familiar with and hear on anything resembling regular basis. Pre-FDR Presidents are not well known by the vast majority of the population. I am not very familiar with Pres. between Jackson and T.R. but I am sure there are several that belong on the list where several that are on it don't. Carter to head that group.

Last edited:

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    People believe what the media tells them. Their teachers don't teach them about any other presidents and they have no desire to learn for themselves. So they pick the ones they are most familiar with or the ones they hear the most about. This poll means nothing other than we are short sighted and ignorant people. ;)

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Polls are not to show public opinion, but to SHAPE public opinion by those conducting the polls. statistics can prove anything you want, example obama took a 20 year old study on gun sales conducted on 250 people showing a huge percentage of those sales done privately with no background checks. polls are lies, the problem is that many people believe these polls.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    People believe what the media tells them. Their teachers don't teach them about any other presidents and they have no desire to learn for themselves. So they pick the ones they are most familiar with or the ones they hear the most about. This poll means nothing other than we are short sighted and ignorant people. ;)

This teacher does. I also try to teacher people to think and not what to think, but to think for themselves and to be able to support their opinions with facts, logic and reasoning.

The rest of my colleagues are appartently trying to ruin western civilization. Who have you taught something worthwhile. When you point a finger there are four pointing back at you.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Obviously somebody at Gallup conspired to keep the Community Agitator and Mrs. Wookie off the list.

Why don't they understand the tremendous struggles they've had to overcome, to accomplish such great things against the worst of odds?

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    The media wants you to buy into their propaganda. The master pulls their strings and if they do what he says, they get their backs scratched.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Gallup did a poll in honor of President's Day on who are considered the Greatest Presidents in our history.

Link: Americans Say Reagan Is the Greatest U.S. President

The top 5 in descending order are:

1. Ronald Reagan
    2. Abraham Lincoln
    3. Bill Clinton
    4. John F. Kennedy
    5. George Washington​
    The list runs 17 places, Obama comes in 7th between the Roosevelt cousins, G.W. Bush is 10th followed by Jefferson at 11. There are only 4 names that pre-date 1900. Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson and Jackson. If you consider the names on the list they are only names that modern people that know very little about our history and Presidents are familiar with and hear on anything resembling regular basis. Pre-FDR Presidents are not well known by the vast majority of the population. I am not very familiar with Pres. between Jackson and T.R. but I am sure there are several that belong on the list where several that are on it don't. Carter to head that group.

WOW, what a messed up poll. I can't agree with the order at all. Washington has to be #1. hands down. He was the architect of our freedom (winning the war), was given the POWER of as king.....reluctantly served, did his duty, then walked away from the power.

Few on that list would have done the same. Certainly not Clinton or Kennedy. Those two don't even belong in the top 10.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I heard Obama was 3rd. :dunno:

1. George Washington
    2. All others tied for 2nd.
    3. Obama

:cool:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have been hearing a lot of good about this book. The author points out that he actually cut the scope and size of the Federal government while he was in office...
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Coolidge-Amity-Shlaes/dp/0061967556]Coolidge: Amity Shlaes: 9780061967559: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Top Bottom