• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    put those in a triangle and i live right in the center, my question is who can clean doves around that area?

Last edited:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    awesome, could you PM me your info and when i bag some doves i could get ahold of you?, perhaps i could meet you at 38 diner or something or if you wanted to, you could come hunt sometime after we harvest the corn, they are all over the place now and after harvest they look like how a colony of ants looks the field looks like its moving

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Man!.....it is easy to clean a dove. Pull back the skin and feathers around the breast (bottom side of the bird) and pop the breast meat, clip the both wing bones and your done. Once you master that, you will be able to clean a dove in less than 30 seconds a piece.:twocents:

Last edited:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Man!.....it is easy to clean a dove. Pull back the skin and feathers around the breast (bottom side of the bird) and pop the breast meat, clip the both wing bones and you done. Once you master that, you will be able to clean a dove in less than 30 seconds a piece.:twocents:

+1 they are so easy to clean.

(I clean doves without a knife)

1. Break the wings off.
    2. Pop head off.
    3. clean out the seed bag (don't know the technical term)
    4. Pull back skin and feathers around the breast.
    5. Push your thumb between the breast bone and the meat. (up tothe knuckle is usually good enough)
    6. Pull meat away from center of body and work your thumb deeper as yuo go.

This takes maybe 3 birds to get good at. Enjoy!

Stubbleducker

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Indy
    We never messed with the crop or the head. Always just held them by the tail and stood one boot on each wing and pull. Then dig your thumb under the breast and rip up. 8 seconds and the breast is out.

When you get home, soak them in some salt water just a bit, then dig out the shot/feathers, work the meat off the breastbone, wrap the butterfly around a slicve of jalapeno, then wrap bacon around the whole thing and put 'em on the grill.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    We never messed with the crop or the head. Always just held them by the tail and stood one boot on each wing and pull. Then dig your thumb under the breast and rip up. 8 seconds and the breast is out.

When you get home, soak them in some salt water just a bit, then dig out the shot/feathers, work the meat off the breastbone, wrap the butterfly around a slicve of jalapeno, then wrap bacon around the whole thing and put 'em on the grill.

That seems easier.

:yesway:

Top Bottom