Apr 1, 2011

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    It gets better

Martinsville officer terminated after public intoxication at Greenwood concert, police say - WISH

He had 3 firearms on him. The guy he got into an argument with took two of them away from him. The pregnant woman he pointed the gun at was in fact his own wife. Martinsville PD have terminated him already.

Good on the Martinsville PD for firing his ass quickly and with no fuss. Other PDs around the country could learn from this example - investigate, and then, if warranted, terminate.

Jag3212323

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2018
    Johnson county
    Good on the Martinsville PD for firing his ass quickly and with no fuss. Other PDs around the country could learn from this example - investigate, and then, if warranted, terminate.

Great point. I’m all for Due Process but this process definitely seemed like it could be expedited and still be fair. With so many witnesses and evidence like the breathalyzer and the number of weapons on him that he didn’t secure, there wasn’t a need to drag it out. No PD wants someone to bring this sort of attention towards their department. I’m sure he’ll be bitter about how he got a raw deal though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Is it normal for someone with the same charges to be released on bond so fast? Within 12 hours?

edit: maybe so. He was only charged with disorderly conduct and public intoxication.

The story in The Johnson County Daily Journal, in the first paragraph said “he was waving a gun around and pointed it at one person”:rolleyes:. (What the hell is “waving a gun around”? I swear, I’ve never seen anyone wave a gun.)
    The writer waits until the very end of the story to say he pointed a gun at 3 people.
    The Daily Journal has really gone down hill in the last few years. In every issue, I find typos, misinformation and/or other errors. Very unprofessional!

Last edited:

Tooms

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2016
    Johnson County
    Is it normal for someone with the same charges to be released on bond so fast? Within 12 hours?

Im not even sure he was charged yet with pointing the gun at people either.

From what my friends are telling who live by this place, this is a reoccurring problem. One of being people getting so drunk they wonder off the facility into the nearby neighborhood/yards.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Many departments in Indiana are governed my Merit Law. Like IMPD, by law, only the Merit Board can hire and fire officers. Chief can recommend termination but th Merit Board will hold a hearing (just like a trial) for termination and makes the final decision. Most folks have no idea.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Reminds me of my old hometown in NW Indiana where our Chief of Police was in a bar drinking and for some reason he drew and was waving his service revolver around.
    That got swept under the rug.

He was finally fired when he got drunk, and was riding around with another of the town's rabble rowsers.
    Chief let the rabble rowser take his car and drive around with the lights and siren on, while the Chief stood on a car in a part of town called "Five points" and was attempting to shoot a street light out with his service revolver.

They took the Chief to the hospital where he totally lost it, and the Mayor quietly fired him and swept it under the rug.

jsx1043

Master
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Reminds me of my old hometown in NW Indiana where our Chief of Police was in a bar drinking and for some reason he drew and was waving his service revolver around.
    That got swept under the rug.

He was finally fired when he got drunk, and was riding around with another of the town's rabble rowsers.
    Chief let the rabble rowser take his car and drive around with the lights and siren on, while the Chief stood on a car in a part of town called "Five points" and was attempting to shoot a street light out with his service revolver.

They took the Chief to the hospital where he totally lost it, and the Mayor quietly fired him and swept it under the rug.

This so sounds like the synopsis of a buddy-comedy movie...

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Please correct me, if I'm wrong. This "gent" has a problem with alcohol. Your average social drinker doesn't readily get to .238, correct?

Just another lightweight drinker. One of our fine ladies in Columbus blew a .34 this weekend after a$$ ending another car at a red light hard enough to push it into the next car. She even managed to smile for her mugshot.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Many departments in Indiana are governed my Merit Law. Like IMPD, by law, only the Merit Board can hire and fire officers. Chief can recommend termination but th Merit Board will hold a hearing (just like a trial) for termination and makes the final decision. Most folks have no idea.

Thanks, I was not aware of Merit Law. Do you think it is a good system, bad system, or a bit of both?

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Just another lightweight drinker. One of our fine ladies in Columbus blew a .34 this weekend after a$$ ending another car at a red light hard enough to push it into the next car. She even managed to smile for her mugshot.

You should post her mugshot! I'm betting there is some comedy to be had.

Top Bottom