• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    There was a car stolen and items stolen from a car in the McFarland Farms addition near I-65 & Southport Rd. Sometime Monday night/Tuesday morning. Not many robbing days left until Christmas!

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    There was a car stolen and items stolen from a car in the McFarland Farms addition near I-65 & Southport Rd. Sometime Monday night/Tuesday morning. Not many robbing days left until Christmas!

Don't worry. On December 26th, everyone will be returning their stolen "gifts". ;)

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Cruise down the Interstate to an exit... Cruise through a 'hood or two or three looking for easy scores... Cruise back out on to the Interstate

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Cruise down the Interstate to an exit... Cruise through a 'hood or two or three looking for easy scores... Cruise back out on to the Interstate

This is why I do not want to have a mas transit system, and why I do not live near a city bus route.
    Too many undesirable people use those systems to get into nicer neighborhoods to burglarize homes.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    We lock the cars and the front doors now. We don’t have to do so really. Nothing has ever happened where I live. Still we started to lock up stuff after years of not even thinking of doing so. We know the neighbors the neighbors know us. We know what cars are normal In The driveways. We watch out for each other and if someone is parked in our drives it would not be unusual for someone to stop over and check it out. Plus I have in-laws living around me and mother in law next door who is nosy anyway.

Came home this fall and a unique to our neighborhood fellow was on the road with a backpack and a bottle of water. Daughter came home the other direction and said someone strange was walking down the road to the north. About ten minutes later the fellow I saw knocked on the door and wanted to sell me cleaning supplies.. youth group he said from Detroit Michigan. I said you won’t find many people around here interested have a good day. He walked across the yard to my neighbors I yelled they are not home and won’t buy it either. Most sales door to door don’t walk on the lawn’s. They use the driveway. Within 10-15 minutes three cop cars from local PD’s had the cherries lit up all around the area. Youth groups from Detroit walking in yard’s not down driveways in my neighborhood will gather much attention. We have not had anyone walking around the yards since.

Get to to know your neighbors. Drop off a few cupcakes or some deer jerky and talk to them about the weather and how the colts suck this year. Open the window blinds and wave when they get the morning paper (does anyone get a paper these days). Ask them how her mom is doing after her trip to the hospital. Little kindness between people does tend to pay off in big benefits. Social media has helped bridge the gap on people or family out of state or across the country. I think it also has tended to make us less aware of basic social contacts to those who live around us. Put down the phone. Log off of Facebook. Go take a cupcake to your neighbors.

Top Bottom