Greenwood Kroger cop plays intimidation card, draws no response.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate1865

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2010
    Indiana
    As someone that had a man follow his wife around a store wearing dark sunglasses, a hat pulled down over his eyes, attempt to talk to her and demand a response on several occasions in different store locations after having been told to leave her alone, then waited for her in the parking lot and followed her in his truck, I can say that the police will not view what their own officer did as intimidation given the 911 dispatcher's unwillingness to send an officer to make sure everything was on the up and up.

Yeah, the officer did almost as much as my wife's stalker did.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    As someone that had a man follow his wife around a store wearing dark sunglasses, a hat pulled down over his eyes, attempt to talk to her and demand a response on several occasions in different store locations after having been told to leave her alone, then waited for her in the parking lot and followed her in his truck, I can say that the police will not view what their own officer did as intimidation given the 911 dispatcher's unwillingness to send an officer to make sure everything was on the up and up.

Yeah, the officer did almost as much as my wife's stalker did.

Why would you have a man do that to your wife? ;):D

Yeah it's disappointing what may or may not get a response.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    What happens when Jack says...

EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Are we having a Dog Event at Jack's?!

I wouldn't step foot on that guy's property. Chances are I'd do SOMETHING he didn't like, and he'd just go straight to trying to beat me down. So in order to avoid what would happen next, I simply would never go to anyplace over which he has any control whatsoever.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I wouldn't step foot on that guy's property. Chances are I'd do SOMETHING he didn't like, and he'd just go straight to trying to beat me down. So in order to avoid what would happen next, I simply would never go to anyplace over which he has any control whatsoever.

That is why I have a BIG GSD that is trained...
    Better than a Firearm at times... ;)

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I just don't see it being a big problem outside the hypothetical world.

BTW: Thanks and same right back to ya my friends.:rockwoot:

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah. That sucks man. I think the main thing to try and remember in those situations when police are trying to intimidate you is to not react with anger to them.. because it eggs them on and they may get worse. Also remember, those guys like their job and want to keep it. Police can't get violent with people outside of the law or they get in big trouble, most of the time. So its extremely unlikely that you would be assaulted or attacked by the PD. Don't be confrontational, get his name/badge/car number and file a complaint. Its really a plan of action that you must remind yourself of time to time, because you will ALWAYS be ambushed by those encounters.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    oh wow didnt even look at its age. clicked a link and it brought me to this thread hah sorry guys.

GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    Sounds like the cop or security guard or whatever he is was acting like an idiot. Anyone who is an armed threat to a store is not going to advertise that he is armed before he does anything. It's a real shame that some leos act like that.

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    you did the right thing by not letting him get to you. he had no reason to follow you like that. most likely it pissed him off more because you didnt confront him about him "stalking" you.

Top Bottom