• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I understand the point you're trying to make but you are equating not getting a driver's license and not being gainfully employed with mental illness and murderous intent. That's a bridge too far for most yet you refuse to put down your shovel.

Why are we talking about this in the first place? Why did we talk about similar abnormal characteristics of the last psychotic mass shooter kid and the one before? And before, and before?

:scratch:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The anti's ignorance is on full display now. I would like to see some comments from the people that were in that food court and are still breathing because of that young man. To face a guy with a rifle with only handgun and apparently no " professional" training took a lot of guts.
    I watched some of the victims on you tube right afterwards praising him for saving their lives. More have came forward since then like the mother whose 12 yr. Old daughter was wounded, she thanked him for saving her daughter

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I watched some of the victims on you tube right afterwards praising him for saving their lives. More have came forward since then like the mother whose 12 yr. Old daughter was wounded, she thanked him for saving her daughter
    Do you have a link? I'd love to see that testimony. So glad they feel that way.
    This young man is a hero. It takes a lot of guts and skill to engage a shooter with a much more powerful weapon, and more rounds than you have, and still make accurate hits. And he also took the fight to the shooter after engaging, closing the distance. HERO!!!
    I'm with JSX, I'll gladly chip in for his site supporter fees and also on the drink tab and new gun tab

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Do you have a link? I'd love to see that testimony. So glad they feel that way.
    This young man is a hero. It takes a lot of guts and skill to engage a shooter with a much more powerful weapon, and more rounds than you have, and still make accurate hits. And he also took the fight to the shooter after engaging, closing the distance. HERO!!!
    I'm with JSX, I'll gladly chip in for his site supporter fees and also on the drink tab and new gun tab
    Interview from WTHR...

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Why are we talking about this in the first place? Why did we talk about similar abnormal characteristics of the last psychotic mass shooter kid and the one before? And before, and before?

:scratch:

Sorry but those are just not abnormal characteristics. Please understand that you are very out of touch with the youngest generation to which most of these shooters belong.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, I’m not buying that. I’m not doubting that he hit 7/10. I just don’t think he hit 7/10 on a dynamic target from 40 yards. 40 feet? Yeah, I think that’s believable.
    Without precise details yet being released, here's how I've pieced it together in my mind: he dropped/winged him with the first shot, then moved in closer to subdue him. Thus, shots after the first were at a closer distance, against a stationary target.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Without precise details yet being released, here's how I've pieced it together in my mind: he dropped/winged him with the first shot, then moved in closer to subdue him. Thus, shots after the first were at a closer distance, against a stationary target.
    If it was truly a neck shot that may have been the one that initially dropped him/stopped the shooting. Follow ups finished the job.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Ugh. WIBC is STILL reporting he doesnt have a LTCH, even though Guy has come out and confirmed that indeed he does.
    Guy stated that he had an LTCH, originally based on media reporting, which, as far as I know, was before he had been retained by the hero. Has Guy stated, after having been retained, anything confirming that he did, in fact, have an LTCH? The only official statement I've seen from Guy was the one stating that he had been retained, that the hero was a hero, and that no further comments would be forthcoming while the investigation was ongoing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Again, still a lot of speculation on reporters part?

I had the impression, from the police press release, that the first shot dropped the shooter, who then attempted to retreat to the bathroom. Then Eli advanced while continueing to shoot the still armed murderer. :dunno:

This seems to suggest that he made all 10 shots supported from a pillar.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Yet if we always marginalize, there will never be another psychotic caught before they kill. Certainly a lot of mentally unhealthy people don't kill. So we ignore them all?

If we bury our heads in the sand to known warning signs of mental trouble, yet don't act to mitigate the danger to self and others, at what point in time does that change to enabling and abetting?
    There's a difference between recognizing real warning signs and using hindsight to elevate mostly innocuous items into imaginary warning signs. You're mistaking correlation for causation.

A lot of people have "mental trouble" but few are a danger to themselves and fewer still are a danger to others. Imagining false warning signs isn't functionally better than not recognizing any signs.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    There's a difference between recognizing real warning signs and using hindsight to elevate mostly innocuous items into imaginary warning signs. You're mistaking correlation for causation.

A lot of people have "mental trouble" but few are a danger to themselves and fewer still are a danger to others. Imagining false warning signs isn't functionally better than not recognizing any signs.

Exactly right. Just like in sports, it's easy to armchair quarterback what everyone else should have done (or seen). Youth nowadays do not have the same drive (pun intended) to get a drivers license. They have options we didn't have back when I was growing up (ridesharing and such specifically). Not having a job is also not necessarily a warning sign either.

Biggest thing to me from what we know of this guy in particular is that he didn't have a job (currently), had a broken home life, an uninterested Mother who he had some beef with, an absent Father and a Brother who seemed to care, but was said to be going through his own difficulties. Who exactly was supposed to notice anything with this guy? He was not in school and not employed. Who was he around who was supposed to see something say something? I agree that sometimes when someone from a good household does something heinous, there are usually signs that concerned parents, teachers, coworkers may see and respond to, but it seems this guy didn't have any of those things.

Then again, sometimes people snap and do things completely out of the ordinary that you would have never suspected they would do and there are no warning signs. Evil often has great capacity to hide among us, unknown.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven

This seems to suggest that he made all 10 shots supported from a pillar.

This young man was taught well by no amateur. The bits keep stacking in his favor by his own actions. Critical thinking under duress is easy to fubar. Well played Eli.

1. Prepared
    2. Aware
    3. Responsive
    4. Direct
    5. Resourceful

He'll do well in life.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Exactly right. Just like in sports, it's easy to armchair quarterback what everyone else should have done (or seen). Youth nowadays do not have the same drive (pun intended) to get a drivers license. They have options we didn't have back when I was growing up (ridesharing and such specifically). Not having a job is also not necessarily a warning sign either.

Biggest thing to me from what we know of this guy in particular is that he didn't have a job (currently), had a broken home life, an uninterested Mother who he had some beef with, an absent Father and a Brother who seemed to care, but was said to be going through his own difficulties. Who exactly was supposed to notice anything with this guy? He was not in school and not employed. Who was he around who was supposed to see something say something? I agree that sometimes when someone from a good household does something heinous, there are usually signs that concerned parents, teachers, coworkers may see and respond to, but it seems this guy didn't have any of those things.

Then again, sometimes people snap and do things completely out of the ordinary that you would have never suspected they would do and there are no warning signs. Evil often has great capacity to hide among us, unknown.
    Very well said. To add to your last two paragraphs, the most dangerous people are often very skilled at both hiding the worst of their illness (at least until they decide to act) and in manipulating others. Relatives, are often programmed to see the best and not look for the worst, are frequently very easy to fool and the worst of these people can sometimes fool/manipulate mental health professionals.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

We'll just go ahead and let the babies play with the razor blades. :rolleyes:

It's only the baby's fault right? No reason for anyone around them to save them from themselves or harming others... :n00b:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We'll just go ahead and let the babies play with the razor blades. :rolleyes:

It's only the baby's fault right? No reason for anyone around them to save them from themselves or harming others... :n00b:

:facepalm:
    What signs, specifically, was he exhibiting? You seem to know what nobody else does. And please don't bring up the driver's license and recent unemployment again.

Top Bottom