• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I've seen several stories saying the shooter had no drugs in his system but a lot of nicotine and caffeine, so he was all jacked up on Mt Dew or Starbucks and a smoker? Thank goodness they found out, now maybe we can have common sense Starbucks control.

Obviously that is incorrect information. He was only 20. Everybody knows it's illegal for a 20 year old to buy cigarettes.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I'm reading that the coroner has ruled the shooting a homicide:nuts: Maybe some of the legal minds here can expound on what potential problems this might cause for the defender? Info on WTHR website but the article states AGAIN that he didn't have a permit and we know that is bogus..
    I'm sure this has been answered already (I'm still catching up), but: "homicide" is the correct ruling. It simply means "killed by another person", which is a true statement. It only indicates the manner of death, and says nothing about the legality of the action that caused the death.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Whether the actions that resulted in the homicide were justifiable or not is a legal matter, not a medical matter. The coroner merely determines the manner of death, which is homicide - sans adjectives.
    If people would read the thread thread, I was clarifying the post above mine where the poster was trying to think of the term and said "excusable" homicide, I was simply providing the verbage he was looking for.

Let's not overthink this.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Has anyone seen an official update on the distance at which the shots were fired? I'm aware of the 40-ish yards that has been reported, but also suspect it was more on the order of 25-ish yds.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    If people would read the thread thread, I was clarifying the post above mine where the poster was trying to think of the term and said "excusable" homicide, I was simply providing the verbage he was looking for.

Let's not overthink this.
    Depending on the state and applicable statutory definitions, excusable and justifiable are applicable, distinct terms for types of homicide. It appears that Indiana has such distinctions. I used to watch/read a lot of Mas Ayoob, which is how I first learned of the distinction between the two terms.

Killing due to use of force in self-defense falls squarely under justifiable homicide.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Has anyone seen an official update on the distance at which the shots were fired? I'm aware of the 40-ish yards that has been reported, but also suspect it was more on the order of 25-ish yds.
    Per Guy Relford, he quoted the police chief saying it was 43 yards and said it was correct. Here is an interview with Guy that was on a national radio show.

(He also states that the Dicken Drill that folks are now doing will need a little tweaking once all is known. So it could be the first few shots were from 43 yards but then Mr. Dicken moved closer for follow-up shots).

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    There were several distances mentioned as well as statements saying he moved closer for some shots.

https://fox59.com/greenwood-park-ma...-greenwood-park-mall-shooting-within-seconds/
    "Armed only with a handgun, police say Dicken engaged the shooter from a distance of perhaps 30 yards. Police say he was very proficient and tactically sound.
    Dicken started making his way towards the gunman, motioning for people to leave behind him. The gunman tried to retreat back into the restroom, but Dicken continued on, shooting the suspect until he fell."

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Based on shot placement descriptions, it sounds to me like he shot center mass first, and winged him (as expected from that range, no disrespect) utterly smashing the loser's OODA loop. As he moved closer shot placement naturally improved and he put that animal down.
    Too bad they didnt just throw him out back in the dumpster like a dead possum.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Per Guy Relford, he quoted the police chief saying it was 43 yards and said it was correct. Here is an interview with Guy that was on a national radio show.

Thanks BT! Hadn't heard the interview with Guy.

(As the fight developed, the distance could have changed - maybe explaining some differences in distance I've heard. Hmm.)

Top Bottom