• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Not sure the size of the food court but that 50yrds may be a little inflated. Anyhoo it seems this kid knows how to shoot pretty well and had the confidence needed.
    Very familiar with GPM and the food court, least of all things being a security supervisor there while I was in college. 50 yards is easily just the center of the food court seating area. From the entry doors to the furthest restaurant counter (across the hall) is probably 200 yards.

From the chatter I’m hearing, the bad guy was in the restroom in the food court, where he might have changed into security-type clothing and then exited with the rifle (unconfirmed at this time). The restrooms dump out into the main seating area and are approximately 100 yards from the main entry door.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Very familiar with GPM and the food court, least of all things being a security supervisor there while I was in college. 50 yards is easily just the center of the food court seating area. From the entry doors to the furthest restaurant counter (across the hall) is probably 200 yards.

From the chatter I’m hearing, the bad guy was in the restroom in the food court, where he might have changed into security-type clothing and then exited with the rifle (unconfirmed at this time). The restrooms dump out into the main seating area and are approximately 100 yards from the main entry door.
    So it was you that gave my Dad that speeding ticket?

1658112905572.png

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN

Not doubting your time of service there but, uh, no you can’t fit two football fields inside the food court at the Greenwood Mall…..

I think you may mean feet not yards.

Last edited:

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    Very familiar with GPM and the food court, least of all things being a security supervisor there while I was in college. 50 yards is easily just the center of the food court seating area.
    I concur with this. 50 yards is no where near "too far" and at 5 minutes to closing on a Sunday dozens in the way seems an exaggeration

jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Not doubting your time of service there but, uh, no you can’t fit two football fields inside the food court at the Greenwood Mall…..

I think you may mean feet not yards.
    Well, it’s been a couple of decades…

I might be a little heavy on the distance from the doors to the Orange Julius, but I’m willing to bet it’s 500-600 feet

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I concur with this. 50 yards is no where near "too far" and at 5 minutes to closing on a Sunday dozens in the way seems an exaggeration

50 yards is not "too far" with a handgun. My last trip to the range I decided to see what I could do. I put a standard B27 out on the 50 and fired 5 rounds.
    It wasnt pretty, but all 5 landed on target. He has no shoulder, spleen, liver or 'nads. Dude died a painful death. :):

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My wife worked at Simon for years.

Unless they sold it recently, they definitely own Greenwood Park Mall.

And they definitely have No Gun Signs all over the place.

Channel 13 reported "they did some digging tonight and despite Indiana's open carry law that went into effect July 1st you actually cannot carry a gun inside Greenwood Park Mall"

The stupidity runs deep.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And for those inclined, please say a prayer for that brave young man. Taking a life isnt easy, and he is likely having some struggles with what he was forced to do. Putting a rabid animal down is not pleasant. He will likely have some difficult days ahead, even though he is justified and a damned hero.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Channel 13 reported "they did some digging tonight and despite Indiana's open carry law that went into effect July 1st you actually cannot carry a gun inside Greenwood Park Mall"

The stupidity runs deep.
    Is there a school on the property like Circle Center?

Top Bottom