• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    There's no free lunch at the Mall or ANYTHING else that isn't available from many other sources. I used to enjoy the place and socialize there but the world has changed and so have my priorities.
    The Mall is yesterday as far as I'm concerned and as the song said, yesterday's gone. I can't imagine how or why they have enough traffic to keep the place open considering their policies and today's environment.
    Only time I've been there in the last 5 years was to take a range bag to the Hakky shoe repair to get the grab handle repaired.
    I don't like their policies so I'm happy to avoid the place as well as all the potential problems that go with it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Then we need to back off on fire protection requirements, emergency exits, ADA, and all the other building and health code requirements.
    Not the same at all.

If a restaurant had a sign that said we don't follow safe food handling and you chose to go there anyway, you might just get sick from what you eat. That would be a better analogy.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I was trying to remember the last time I went "to the mall" for shopping. I recall three instances, two times were a clothing store that I entered from their own entrance, and the other time was the last time I entered Dicks from their own entrance. I was trying to buy shotgun shells at dicks, so that was a long time ago.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I don't think businesses that are operating as a business on property that's zoned commercial and is open where people freely come and go should have the same property rights as residential property when it comes to restricting constitutional rights.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    When I saw the title, I expected a story about them banning someone CC'ing but got called out for printing.

Or someone OC'ing to make a point. :rolleyes:

Dudes with "extendo's" falling out of backpacks... meh.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    "Police say as the group was standing in line at the food court, a spring-loaded magazine fell out of the backpack, sending bullets across the floor."

Sigh. Not really aware of any type of magazine for a man-portable weapon that isn't spring loaded. Couple of types of clips, but no magazines

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't think businesses that are operating as a business on property that's zoned commercial and is open where people freely come and go should have the same property rights as residential property when it comes to restricting constitutional rights.

I think everyone should have the right to remove dumbasses and disruptions from their property, regardless of if their goal is profit or not.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Not sure why anyone thought carrying loose mags in a backpack at the mall was a good idea? :dunno:

In reference to the mall and not being able to carry, concealed means concealed. I don't go to the mall often, but when I do, I'm armed. Never been hassled.
    I mean my backpack has loose spare mags in one of its pouches. Also has first aid kit, spare medicines, water bottles and sone form of snack/sustenance. I don’t carry it in a mall. Stays in the car.

Also, technically all
    My spare mags are “extendo mags”. Full size 1911 8rd mags and I usually carry a compact. But just in case I decided to carry the big girl those mags still fit. Interchangeability and all that.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Just to review: there was dumbassery afoot. Mags shouldn’t dump ammo everywhere when dropped. Mall quote-unquote security sometimes wears bus driver hats, sometimes cowboy hats, Carry 2 radios and zero guns.

For the sake of continuity, “stendo” will be used to describe 24-33 round magazines that are actually inserted in a carried handgun. This term does not apply if you have one of these magazines in your console, Glove compartment, or in the safe at home.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not the same at all.

If a restaurant had a sign that said we don't follow safe food handling and you chose to go there anyway, you might just get sick from what you eat. That would be a better analogy.
    Disagree. If we can make laws prescribing safety measures public accommodations must take, we can make more laws prescribing safety measure public accommodations must take.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I mean my backpack has loose spare mags in one of its pouches. Also has first aid kit, spare medicines, water bottles and sone form of snack/sustenance. I don’t carry it in a mall. Stays in the car.

Also, technically all
    My spare mags are “extendo mags”. Full size 1911 8rd mags and I usually carry a compact. But just in case I decided to carry the big girl those mags still fit. Interchangeability and all that.
    Yes the "high capacity magazine" or such drive me absolutely crazy.

People love them trigger words

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I guess I ain't as rigorous on high capacity mag language.

If it's a 30 rd magazine hanging 4-6 inches out of my 92fs....it's a high cap magazine to me. Any mag that changes the shooting dynamics due to capacity is a high cap mag...to me.

The same 30 rd mag hanging out of my CX4... standard cap...to me

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I think everyone should have the right to remove dumbasses and disruptions from their property, regardless of if their goal is profit or not.
    I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying property rights should differ for businesses from residential when applying constitutional rights. And I'm not saying businesses shouldn't have property rights either but should be applied differently cause they're operating in a different capacity

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't disagree with that. I'm just saying property rights should differ for businesses from residential when applying constitutional rights. And I'm not saying businesses shouldn't have property rights either but should be applied differently cause they're operating in a different capacity

They are already applied differently, but in this context I'm fine with it. No force of law, outside of trespass. It's no different than not allowing picketing on the property to me, which would be a 1st amendment issue but also a distraction from business. Don't be a disruption, you'll not come to their attention, you won't be trespassed.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    They are already applied differently, but in this context I'm fine with it. No force of law, outside of trespass. It's no different than not allowing picketing on the property to me, which would be a 1st amendment issue but also a distraction from business. Don't be a disruption, you'll not come to their attention, you won't be trespassed.
    ^^THIS^^

Does anyone really think (especially with no weight of law in Indiana) the management of these NGZ sign properties think folks are not going to be armed?

It’s just a basic mechanism that is in place so they can toss out folks that are being a Lug but! Don’t be that guy and your fine.

And as far as the folks associatied with a property that have something to say in an aftermath if you happen to successfully and legally use said firearm, just ignore them they don’t matter!

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    I don't (didn't) go into sketchy neighborhoods because of the potential of violence, I look at malls in the same light.
    If I have an option of NOT going somewhere where my safety can become a higher than average concern, I will always refer to that as option A. Whether it's the presence of lawless, unsupervised teens, a psyco mass shooter or the stupidity of a GFZ sign, it doesn't matter, I'm not going.
    There's enough BS in this world to deal with and going shopping in an establishment that doesn't give 2 ***** about my safety doesn't even make the list.

Top Bottom