• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Figured I might as well make my first post now that my collection is somewhat decently-sized. I'm fairly new to firearms collecting, and as you can see my interests right now tend towards World War I era infantry rifles (with a couple older pieces). However, assuming (hoping) AWB 2.0 doesn't pass, I'd certainly like to get some newer guns as well.

Pic of my collection as it stands:
    collection_as_of_1-31-13_zps0a15ce0e.jpg

From top:
    -Southpaw flintlock Virginia Fowler, 20 gauge smoothbore, modern repro by M. Avance
    -Springfield Model 1868 trapdoor, .50-70 Government, breechblock dated 1870 and lock plate dated 1863
    -Mle. 1886 M93 Lebel, 8x50mmR Lebel, Tulle, barrel dated 1891, Balle N marked
    -1891 Carcano, 6.5x52mm Carcano, Turin, barrel dated 1897
    -Arisaka Type 38, 6.5x50mmSR Arisaka, Koishikawa no series with serial # in the 1.8 million range
    -Steyr-Mannlicher M1895, 8x50mmR Mannlicher, Steyr, barrel dated 1916
    -m/96 Swedish Mauser, 6.5x55mm, Carl Gustafs Stads, all matching, 1898
    -Gewehr 98, 7.92x57mm, DWM Berlin, 1906
    -SMLE No. 1 Mk III*, .303 British, BSA, 1917

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    Welcome Aboard! Nice collection you have there. Are they shooters or safe / wall pieces?
    So far, I've only put rounds through the flintlock, the two Mausers, and the Lee-Enfield, though I intend on eventually shooting all of them. I need to have a gunsmith check out some of the older ones before I even think of shooting them. I just wish I knew of some decent ranges close to Bloomington; don't seem to be very many around here.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    :welcome:From Frankfort, Nice collection, I also have a few - no flintlocks or old muzzle loaders though. Mine are from WW1 and 2. Hope to read some posts from you.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    So far, I've only put rounds through the flintlock, the two Mausers, and the Lee-Enfield, though I intend on eventually shooting all of them. I need to have a gunsmith check out some of the older ones before I even think of shooting them. I just wish I knew of some decent ranges close to Bloomington; don't seem to be very many around here.

Welcome, from Monroe County!

There aren't any places for the general public to shoot at in Monroe county, unless you have land or know someone who does.

But if you are willing to drive a little there are some places down south a little and north. (I suppose east and west as well, haha). Good to see some more monroe county residents around here though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom