Not open for further replies.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Hi wanted to take a min and say hi.

Starting to get serious about guns. I am from NC and grew up hunting, fishing and camping but got married had kids and stuff just got pushed aside.

My boys are starting to enjoy the out doors and with luck we will have a few camping trips this summer. We have gone hiking and plan on doing that a lot more.

I am talking my oldest boy (turns 10 next month) to the firing range this weekend. Going to start him on a 22 rifle, it will be his gun in a few years. Hoping to teach both boys to respect guns, kids need to understand they are not toys.

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw

Starting to get serious about guns. I am from NC and grew up hunting, fishing and camping but got married had kids and stuff just got pushed aside.

My boys are starting to enjoy the out doors and with luck we will have a few camping trips this summer. We have gone hiking and plan on doing that a lot more.

I am talking my oldest boy (turns 10 next month) to the firing range this weekend. Going to start him on a 22 rifle, it will be his gun in a few years. Hoping to teach both boys to respect guns, kids need to understand they are not toys.

Welcome to INGO, A bunch of us live in Ft Wayne, where do you go shoot?

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The goal with the kids is show them how guns work and let them shoot them when they want to(with me there). Hoping this week keep them from sneaking around trying to play with them. (I have locks on them all and put up)

As far as where we are going to shoot. We where going to H&H but they want $34 for the two of us to shoot for a hour. But I found Roush Shooting range in Huntington and its $4 each for all day. It is about 30-40 min drive but saving that much it is worth the drive for me.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Izaak Walton is just north of FW on Auburn Road. Its an outdoor range with 100 and 50 yard rifle, and 25 yard pistol. If you go with a member its only $5 each. Or $70 for the rest of the year.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner

Did the same thing with my kids ten years ago, and they now look at a gun the same way they look at a wrench, its a tool. They don't have that stupid gangsta idea of them. Good luck and welcome.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom