Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    For me, pistol on right pointing toward wall laying on its left side, 1 in chamber, 8 in magazine, hammer back and safety on.(1911A1)

Magazines on left, horrizontal, and rounds toward the wall so that as I pick them up I am able to load them in.

There is still a weak point in that you either have to pick up the pistol and mags simultaneously and fire one handed or pick up the pistol, engage two handed and hope that you will be free to return and retrieve spare magazines.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    For me, pistol on right pointing toward wall laying on its left side, 1 in chamber, 8 in magazine, hammer back and safety on.(1911A1)

Magazines on left, horrizontal, and rounds toward the wall so that as I pick them up I am able to load them in.

There is still a weak point in that you either have to pick up the pistol and mags simultaneously and fire one handed or pick up the pistol, engage two handed and hope that you will be free to return and retrieve spare magazines.

I see what you are saying. depth may be an issue for a shelf. I would like pistol facing wall (good point). youre also right that you would have to hope you could return to the shelf for mags, that why i use the FNX 45 with 16 rds :)

any furniture or home decor you would like to see concealment added into?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I would guess that, if you're grabbing for that pistol, you'd probably be standing directly in front of the shelf, so maybe try one with the muzzle pointed toward the wall and the butt toward the outside edge.

But that's really cool. Nice work.

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield
    I would guess that, if you're grabbing for that pistol, you'd probably be standing directly in front of the shelf, so maybe try one with the muzzle pointed toward the wall and the butt toward the outside edge.

Ill look into fitment and a redesign. thanks guys for the good advise!

wulfensteinster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 16, 2012
    Plainfield

Something like this for position? Angle would have to stay with the FNX 45 tac in the boxes current dimensions.
    20161021_225151.jpg

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Something like this for position? Angle would have to stay with the FNX 45 tac in the boxes current dimensions.
    20161021_225151.jpg

Whatever is most comfortable/convenient for you. Just so that as soon as the case opens up and the equipment comes to hand, you are ready for action.

Please, believe me when I say I am not trying to be critical. There is one other thing that concerns me with the design and not just yours.

I have installed many of these magnetic latches and have found them frustrating to open at times, The magnetic key has to be positioned almost perfectly in order to open the latch. and the fact that most of the designs have two latches that must be opened simultaneously is scary.

It is late evening and there is a situation. Immediately your heart rate and respiration double and your adrenal cortex and adrenal medulla dump massive amounts of epinephrine into your system and you have to retrieve and position two magnetic keys in order to get to your weapon.

All of a sudden I am coming to the conclusion that this should not be considered an emergency item, but merely a semi secure storage space and that a display type arrangement is suitable for storage.

Sorry, If I caused any confusion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom