• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We were out in the country with no wifi when I got the news.....I poured a tall fruit jar glass filled with ice with some Four Roses Bourbon and placed it in the freezer for about 45 minutes...Grabbed a little Coca Cola bottle, the smart phone and the chilled Bourbon on the rocks and headed back to the tub...Settled in as the sun was setting...I pulled up Whipping Post from live at the Filmore, hit play and tipped my glass to the setting sun...

God Bless You Greg and may you rest in peace.....

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I have immersed myself in live recordings from the original six since this happened. There's a lot out there although, in many cases, the sound quality is lacking. Prior to this happening the only CD I still had was the original Fillmore East. I'm not sure how I let that happen but it won't happen again.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Charlie Daniels just posted this on Twitter and I thought I would share.....

DhMn3uNWsAYBZ-u.jpg

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    We’re going to Florida in November, and staying the first night of the trip in Macon, GA. I would advise anybody that has even a passing interest in the ABB to take a trip to Macon. We have been to rose hill cemetery several times, it’s where Duane, Berry, and now Gregg, are buried, and it was also the place that inspired several early ABB songs. It’s an amazing place to see, and there are many other cool places around town that are closely tied to the band.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Happy Birthday Brother Gregg. Your memories are still alive.

Top Bottom