• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Not meaning to state the blindly obvious, but having 70+ year old live grenades in an abandoned trailer is not a good thing. I have no doubt a WWII Pacific Theater Vet took the grenades off of an enemy soldier who no longer had use for them (due to assuming room temperature). Grenades rendered inert? Cool war souvenir. Live grenades? Very bad.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I seem to remember YEARS ago someone around Lafayette went to tear down an old shed and found 50 pounds of sweaty dynamite.
    That kind of freaked people out too.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I seem to remember YEARS ago someone around Lafayette went to tear down an old shed and found 50 pounds of sweaty dynamite.
    That kind of freaked people out too.

Happened at my uncle's place a few years ago, right after he passed away. My cousin moved in and found it.

Rooze1986

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 26, 2014
    NWI
    Where in the heck do people get grenades? I read a story on The Truth About Guns a while back where you could travel to some African country and shoot RPG's and throw grenades. Anyone know of a place in the U.S., Outside of the armed forces, where you can throw a live grenade?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Apparently the bomb squad gets lots of calls to come pick up grenades when an old vet dies. Some of those things are not stable. I think people should e able to own anything and everything, but if your wreckless and put others in danger that's where I draw the line. Blow yourself up all day long and I wouldn't care. But blowing up your wife or grandkids or even an innocent cop who has to disarm your ****ty booby traps ... Not ok

EOD Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Carroll County
    Funny thing is the trailer with these grenades was involved in a fire back in November. These were type 91 and 97 grenades and it's sad to destroy these but old Picric Acid is not fun to deal with.

Top Bottom