• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Farm1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Elletsville
    I've been looking at the creedmoor. Seems the general consensus is that the Grendel is built for short action weapons such as the ar platform and the creedmoore is the long action round which equates to more powder creating greater FPS and more suitable for long range weapons.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I like the Grendel in the AR and I think it would be a great thing in a small bolt action like the CZ427 with the 7.62X39 bolt face. Light and tiny rifles are great for the round which is fairly powerful for a limited sized platform.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a decent or better long range shooter-500+yds- you'd be better off with one of the other 6.5's. I like the 6.5X47. Its easy to load for with excellent accuracy using a variety of bullets and or powders. The 260 is pretty good as well but seems a little pickier about powders and bullet seating depths. Last is the 6.5 Creedmoor. Not real familiar with that one myself but others have said its a great one. Ballistics on all 3 of these 6.5's are pretty similar. The X47 is a Lapua product that operates at higher pressure with smaller powder capacity, the 260 brass is available from Lapua or remington, Creedmoor ammo is available factory loaded more readily. All three of the longer 6.5's are good out to and past 1000 yds, accurate and a fine choice for hunting all sorts of stuff. I've had friends who've taken Antelope out west, Elk and deer all over. I think the Grendel is a bit light for hunting out past a couple hundred yards but its still a pretty good round nearer in.

Hope that helps some. Have a look at some of the sites dedicated to the particular round you're interested in.

Frank

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I've been looking at the creedmoor. Seems the general consensus is that the Grendel is built for short action weapons such as the ar platform and the creedmoore is the long action round which equates to more powder creating greater FPS and more suitable for long range weapons.

Creedmoor is a short action caliber same as 308, 243, even 223. The benefit of the Grendel is the fact that it works in the AR15 platform giving similar ballistics to some AR10 calibers. If you want a semi auto go with the Grendel if your wanting a bolt gun go with the Creedmoor, both calibers are awesome to shoot and have very nice ballistics.

Top Bottom