• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NVG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 28, 2014
    SEast
    I understand after an "event" that an individual should blend in with others and try not to stand out in a crowd. I try and apply the same scenario in present times. Example, when i go to gun range during hunting season, i wear camo as if i were hunting. But during off season, i walk out of house in street clothes with shotgun and/or AR broken down in a small duffle bag as if i was going to the gym. Am i the only one or does anyone else try and keep a low key in present times?

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I live in an apartment complex so loading up the car for a full day range trip does tend to draw some attention.

I prefer to wake up early and get everything in the trunk before sunrise just so the neighbors don't see me hauling multiple rifle cases and range bags out to the car.

No need for them to consider me a gun nut, or a target for a break-in.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I never wear shirts with logos or sayings on them and tend toward neutral or dark colors. I wear hats that are common, and I NEVER open carry. I try to stay low key in crowds, although it is hard when you are 6'5" tall. The advantage, however, is that I can see over people for better situational awareness.

Truth is, though, I don't put a lot of thought into all of that. The clothes are just my style. It is more because I don't like giving free advertising for anyone by wearing logos. It just happens to work work for the grey man idea. Of course, my hair is grey, so that makes me a grey man no matter what I wear. :abused:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I try to stay home as much as possible, it's a good place to live and I'm never bored.

El Director is right, grey man isn't what it used to be.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Absolutely. I'm conscious of passers by and neighbors. I'll hustle up or wait for them to move out of easy view when moving long guns around. Same as Mcgrease, I often move long guns in the dark. Never OC around the homestead, but of course always armed.

Garage and barn doors always closed. Vehicles always parked inside, out of view. Always attempting to keep the place hard to determine if anyone is home or not.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Here's a great video of being a grey man. This is INGO member WETSU.

[video=youtube_share;-9Q2CwrLK5s]http://youtu.be/-9Q2CwrLK5s[/video]

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I park in my garage, so, nobody has a clue what is or isn't in my car when I leave or return.

That said, I wasn't always so blessed, and used to have similar worries about what my neighbors saw or didn't, and took similar precautions.

If you have a garage, and can't park at least one vehicle in there, consider how much of that stuff you're storing out there you really need. You might think much of it far less valuable than OpSec down the road.

Sort the wheat from the chaff, have a garage sale and buy more preps/training... worst case, get it to Goodwill or the dump, as appropriate, and enjoy the peace of not worrying what your neighbor sees.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Every house, I have lived in, I have sat on the front porch, and cleaned a shotgun .....

I carry, OPEN, when I cut the grass .....

I carry EVERYWHERE .....

NObody, pays much attention to me .....

and in this case, I am GOOD with that ....

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I tried being low key once. Most difficult 5 minutes of my life.

Pimp.jpg

Top Bottom