• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    If he really did "just Forget" he had a loaded gun on him why wouldn't he just take it home? I'd just leave school and deal with the consiquences of that action later.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If he really did "just Forget" he had a loaded gun on him why wouldn't he just take it home? I'd just leave school and deal with the consiquences of that action later.

I think, at one point, we all used to be that noob that "forgets" certain things in our EDC or "forgot" the law.

But as others have said here, if I were this kid, I would have either duck out of school to hide it in my car and deal with the consequences of ditching class later or, if I absolutely cannot leave or find a way out the building, I'd keep it hidden on my, don't tell a single soul, especially the Resource Officer, and go about my business until school is over and casually get into my car to breathe a sigh of epic relief before wiping off the **** off my pants from being a complete moron.

I knew the resource officer at my high school and despite him being a "cool guy". He's still a cop and he is expect to do his job. There is no "cut me some slack" with that guy. Obey the rules or GTFO. You can laugh about it later but not while you are deep in the poop.

I know schools are no bull**** when certain rules are broken. I got in trouble for randomly picking up someone's USB thumb drive in my desk in CAD class because "finder's keepers" right? Turns out, it was full of school stuff including teachers' passwords, tests scores and answers, etc. I was "caught" because I took it to the library to investigate what was on it with a friend. The guy sitting next to us decided to rat us out, thinking we "stole" school property. So from then on, I kept my mouth shut because schools don't like to be embarrassed when they mess up.

The sad thing is this kid probably has a good heart. He knew what he did wrong but trusted the system to be good to him if he owned up to a mistake...now he might never trust the system ever again for doing the right thing.

Last edited:

Xterminator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 11, 2018
    Terre Haute
    Kid didn't forget he was armed no way. And if he did then he is to immature for gun. I always know where my gun is & if it's loaded. Worst thing is the felony that they will be trying to put on this poor boys record.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Update

Student accused of bringing gun to Griffith High School enters pretrial diversion deal http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_ff26effa-37b8-52dd-b013-f363fefdf256.html

The Lake County prosecutor's office agreed Tuesday it would suspend for 12 months its prosecution of Trace T. Robertson, 18, for possession of a firearm on school property, a Level 6 felony.
    During that period, Robertson will be required to pay $479 in court fees and complete 120 hours of community service. Robertson will also be required to forfeit his gun license, and he will not be eligible to obtain a new license until he turns 21.”

IndyTom

Expert
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Oct 3, 2013
    Fishers
    In a zero tolerance world, this actually, and sadly, seems kind of fair. At least he isn't permanently losing his ability to get an LTCH.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hopefully, he’s an otherwise good kid, and 12 months of being normal is not too much to ask.(I didn’t say being good on purpose)

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    This might have had a significantly different outcome 10-12 years ago (whenever Scott Newman was prosecutor) and in Marion County.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Glad he got this deal and hope he doesn't break any laws. For someone that age that can be tough for some. (Let's admit it, we all got away with something in our early adult years).

On a side note, I would not recommend ever giving yourself up if you accidentally enter a gun free zone while carrying. He should have simply walked right out the front door of the school, go home, disarm, and maybe return to school. The repercussions there would have been at most some form of detention most likely, which of course is not a criminal matter.

Being honest is a good trait, but being honest to the point where you admit to a crime where there are NO VICTIMS is not a good idea. Had the prosecutors office been aggressive in this case that honesty of this kid could have destroyed his entire life over a victimless crime. He would be a felon and could instantly forget about getting a good college education. Good jobs, gone. Chance of becoming financially successful in life, gone.

Top Bottom