• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Who here uses these and how do you like it? How well constructed and durable does it seem? I've always like the feel of a beaver tail type grip.

I have the Grip Force Adapters on both my Glock 19 & 17 and I love them. They seem to be very well made and sturdy.

Personally, I not skilled enough to tell if they actually help to reduce muzzle flip when shooting. However, I have larger hands and I like to get a very high grip on my firearms, and the Grip Force Adapters make it feel like I'm getting a more consistent, secure grip and they do work well to prevent slide bite.

Sorry for the bad quality pics, they were taken with my phone, but this is what they look like on my 19 & 17.

DSCF6074_zps6803b0e8.jpg

DSCF6154_zps9de5c6ab.jpg

Last edited:

androhk1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Do you feel that these change the way the pistol "points" at all, or add any noticable size to the grip?

pokersamurai

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    LaPorte
    Do you feel that these change the way the pistol "points" at all, or add any noticable size to the grip?

Yes, It does change the way the pistol points. They make it feel like the gun has less severe grip angle, similar to a 1911 or CZ-75.

Also, they do slightly increase the overall grip thickness. I have larger hands so it didn't really effect the trigger reach much for me, if you have smaller hands this might be an issue. In addition, I feel that the G19 with the Grip Force Adapter feels slightly thicker in the grip than the G17 (I think this has to do with how the hump on the bottom of the G19's grip starts sooner).

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I love mine. My G22 sits very low in my hand to reduce muzzle flip and I get severe slide bite. The Grip Force allows me to hold it the same without the slide bite. I did find that shooting with gloves gets a bit crowded with the adapter. I did grind down the groves they mold into the curve where the web of my hand sits, gives me that much more room.

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    Thanks for the responses. I figure I might as well buy a set and see how I like it. The ones on eBay are $23, and comes with 2 sets. One is textured where the thumb webbing rests. The other is smooth.

Last edited:

worddoer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   1
    Jul 25, 2011
    Wells County
    I have them installed on both my G19's. They are great and I highly recommend them. They allow me to grip much higher without the fear of slide bite. And it changes the grip angle just enough to give me a more natural point of aim.

They are good to go!

Edit: I use the smooth version on both my G19's.

Edit #2: These are good people. I damaged one of those extended trigger pins when installing some trigger parts. I called and asked if I could order some more pins and they just sent me 6 of them for free. Again, highly recommended.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I've started using these on all my glocks. The pointing change for me is very minimal and is a side effect. I use them because I can really slam my hand down on the back of the gun and draw quickly with a high full firing grip. Without them I would every once in awhile end up too high and either have to adjust or get the slide bite. This lets me drive down and always lock it in place. I carry appendix and it's made a big difference.

Top Bottom