• ...and so much more!
  • jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    Couple of questions for you guys....

I'm getting married on October 22nd. That's right, 10/22. I want to get my groomsmen a cool gift that they can actually use, so what better than to get them all 10/22's, right?

So here's my 2 questions. ..
    1. What's a subtle, classy way to engrave or etch something with our names, 10/22/2016, etc on a rifle? I want to commemorate the day, but I don't want to make it an obnoxious billboard. I want them to shoot the snot out of these rifles, not be safe queens. I didn't know if on a 10/22, it'd be better to put something into the stock, or engraved into the receiver or barrel. My leading idea is to strip the stocks and have my brother use a woodburner to write something, then refinish them. Thoughts?

2. If I did want to have the receiver or barrels engraved, who's the go-to in area (Louisville to Indy, Cincy to Bloomington)? AllenM?

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    How much debt are you carrying right now?

Thought perhaps relevant, I feel this question is always in poor taste unless you are actually professionally involved in their finances. It's along the same lines as asking how many guns somebody owns, how many acres they farm, etc.

If I have misread your intent--as can often be the case on the internet--then I apologize.

-Nate

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Congrats on your upcoming event. Commemorative 10/22's seem like a fantastic idea to me. All the best.

jrh84

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm going to ask you a serious question, OP:

How much debt are you carrying right now?

Won't get into specifics, but I'm about 20:1 net worth vs. debt. I could pay off the pickup and the house, but having that balance invested is making me a lot more than I'm paying in interest. Student loans got paid off 3 years early while I was an expat in Australia. Car is paid for. Fiancé is better off than I am (shoes aren't *quite* as expensive as guns)...we'll be right around that same 20:1 combined. We're paying for the wedding ourselves.

If the wedding date wasn't 10/22, my brother and 3 best friends would be getting longslide 1911's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom