• Status
    Please reply by conversation.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    EDIT: These are now available to anyone on INGO. I will not hold, reserve, or set aside packs that are not paid for. Even at the premium pricing this is an awesome deal for packs in this shape! If you don't want to get a pack bought out from under you, remember PayPal is instant. Put your screen name and "prem pack #x,y,z" in the comment of the payment. I'll need to know via PM whether you want it shipped or plan on getting it FTF. If just getting main packs and nothing else (I've got a lot of classifieds ads going now, check them out) then $25 for 1-2 main packs and $30 for 3-5. Often adding "other stuff" will not add anything to the shipping.

The remaining inventory of roughly 45 main packs will be handled in the other thread. This thread is for selling off the premium packs. Since they are being sold for more than the $22.50 for the "good working condition" packs, these will require a different thread format.
    I have a pile of 38+ packs that either need trashed (scrapped out for parts), or need significant repair to be usable for even a casual hiker. knowing this would happen, I've pulled aside the packs that are significantly nicer from day one to be sold at a premium. Yes, it would have been more fair to have offered these from the beginning but it was simply impossible to know how many bad ones I had to offset and how many good ones I had to do it with until recently.

These packs have been numbered and priced and are for sale to anyone on the entire list posted in the first group buy thread. If your name is on any list in the back pack group buy thread in the group buy forum you are eligible to buy these. After they have had their fill of these I'll go to INGO classifieds and then the web with them.
    Shipping to anywhere in the state is $25 for 1-2 packs, $30 for 3+ packs.

[STRIKE]Post "I'll take bag number x" in the thread, also post whether you are planning on shipping or FTF and how you plan on paying in the thread. If after inspection or for any reason you don't want it, or payment arrangements cannot be made in a timely manor I'll go to the next post that says they'll take that same bag. So basically, posting in the thread is how I'm handling this and NOT via PM. [/STRIKE]

I've taken a few photo's and they can be found here:
    ILBE packs Photos by safew | Photobucket The name of the pic file corresponds to the item number given to the bag on the list below. If you want more pics of a particular bag, ask in thread or PM and I'll add them to the photobucket file.

I've inspected each bag individually, classified them and put a price on them. They come with belts and lids that have also been pulled aside as great to excellent condition if not new.

Here are my notes:

(f(x)= functional or functionally)

Functionally:
    N = new, I cannot see any indication that the pack has been issued
    N1= Functionally new but I can isolate some sign that the pack has been issued, or used like fabric has been rubbed, seams have been tugged on but still fully connected. If seen in a store in this condition I would purchase without even looking at the bag behind it to see if it were better.
    U= some seam stress, webbing has slight nick or frey but intact. Obviously used but since these were designed for more than a hiker would ever put them through they are still functionally better than about anything in the civilian market.
    Esthetically:
    N= no sigh it has been issued at all, or touched the ground for that matter. An new as you can say something is that came from a surplus auction. (I want to say it IS new but by definition have to say it isn't)
    N1= only 1 or 2 signs that it has been issued or ever used.
    N2= ~>= 3 or more cosmetic dings but overall (at a glance) looks great.
    U= At a glance still a cosmetically brighter newer pack but on closer inspection has numerous dings.
    Esthetic "dings" that add up: sun fade on print, the tag/label brightness, general new vs. been dirty feel to the fabric, plastic parts with scratches, sweat salt marks, tape adhesive, stains......
    Obviously a lot of this is subjective. But there is just no way to objectively classify these accurately. As a nerd, I've tried. After trying it that way for about 15 packs and then simply stepping back and looking at them in order of their analytical classes it was obvious that it simply wasn't accurate. When you look at some of these that have a long list of dings but is obviously a much better pack than another you realize quickly you have to take the scientist hat off.

Some numbers are missing because after further inspection they had issues that caused them to be put back in to the garage stash of "good working order" bags that don't warrant a premium.

Item number : functional ranking : Esthetic ranking : general comments
    1 N1N $110 Thread pull/stress upper right shoulder compression strap attachment. Otherwise this looks NEW especially from an esthetic standpoint.

2 (paid for/gone)N N $120 I cannot see where this is not "un-issued/new". Nothing I can see says it has been used.

4 (paid for/gone)N N $120 I can't see where this has been issued or used at all.

5 N N1 $115 Adhesive remnants on center pull loop strap, otherwise I cannot tell that it has even been used or issued.

6 N N2 $95 Functionally new, no signs of any stress on seams or tough fabric from sun/dirt/wet-dry cycles. Esthetically back pad not as bright as new, salt on side leather, some beginning signs of sun fade on print. Beginning to have rub wear on edge of back pad. Label nest to but not "new shiny", some minor dirty feel.

7 N N $115 Very slight duct tape residue on edge of center pull loop. Otherwise absolutely no evidence this has ever been used or issued.

8 N N1 $115 Duct tape residue on back pad between shoulder blades and on one of the zipper pulls, label bright shiny, very slight salt mark on bottom of butt pad. Subjective feel = clean and great.

9 N N2 $95 slight corrosion on one snap. Very beginning sign of fade on pack pad. VERY early signs it's been wet/used, otherwise great.

10 U N2 $45 Esthetically, Multiple tape residue on straps, not bad but multiple spots. Label = bright shiny, but not new. Functionally, thread stress/tearing at right shoulder strap webbing attachment point and separating of pocket that holds internal frame aluminum.

11 (paid for/gone)U N1 $60 Functionally thread separation minor/easy fix at right top of internal frame pocket. Label is bright, some dirt/stain on bottom of bag (it has been set on ground). 1 spot of early rub wear on back pad. latch/buckles look un-issued/new. Subjectively, with simple repair this is almost new pack!

12 N1N2 $90 Esth, early sigh of fade on bottom and stain mark. label is next to but not new otherwise esthetically great. Functionally, no signs of any functional stress at all.

14 N N1 $115 functionally new. Esthetically, white "toothpaste" looking stains, name written in marker, otherwise this is a new pack with extremely slight evidence it has been used at all.

15 N N2 $95 Tape mark between shoulder blades of back pad and minor stains. Label is almost but not new/shiny. Bottom looks new. F(x) straps=great shape. No functional wear/ signs of stress. subjectively, this is better than it's rank, basically a new pack.

16 (paid for) U N1 $45 F(x), slight seam stress on back bottom bed roll strap attachment, easy fix, otherwise no signs of stress to bag. Esth. center pull loop ID label remnants, back pad = bright shiny no sun fade, no bottom stains. Subjectively, newish pack with exception of minor repair that could be done easily if desired by hand.

17 N N $120 Very bright print. label is bright/new. This is likely a new un-issued pack!

18 N N2 $55 if you look close some sweat/salt marks. Otherwise bright print and label is next to but noot "new bright". Some mild tape residue on straps. F(x)= new

19 (paid for) N1U $45 functionally new. Esthetically some sun fade or dirt. Otherwise great. Subjectively, this is a very "young" pack and has been out few times but has been dirty and put to bed that way. Actual wear suggests almost new though.

20 N N1 $110 Minor sweat/salt marks, starting to get a slight tough fabric feel but otherwise an almost new pack.

21 N N $120functionally and esthetically this is legitimately an un-issued new pack!

22 N1 N1 $100 Minor rub/abrasion wear on fabric (back near bottom) Some dirt/fade in few spots. Subjectively, great newish pack!

23 N N $120No signs of wear or stress. Practically a new pack.

24 N N $120 New un-issued. Adhesive from velcro on center pull loop. Everything bright shiny, no marks.

25 N N1 $110 1 mark on bottom, slight salt mark on leather behind head, and a couple of scuffs, otherwise brand new!

26 N N1 $100 extremely slight sun fade and dirt, otherwise LNIB.

27 N1 N1 $95 Missing one zipper pull (I'll replace before going out), duct tape residue on back of pack (the tuckable cover that holds the assault pack.) Otherwise great pack condition.

28 N N1 $115couple rub wear spots on the back pad otherwise esthetically and functionally LNIB!

29 N U $75 functionally new, esthetically, seen some use.

30 (paid for) N1 U $50 kind of dirty, some fade but little use. Needs a female buckle (1 minute fix I'll do prior to sending out).

31 U U $35 functionally, part of the plastic ladder lock on the right shoulder is broken but totally functional. Early seam stress noticed if seams pulled on. Esthetically, bottom of back dirty, some fade, used but warrants a slight premium.

32 (paid for/gone)U U $30 some seam stress, minor separation at right top shoulder frame pouch. Easy to get to to repair. Slight premium warranted for great pack.

33 N2 U $40 bright label, many slight dings on most esthetic measurements but great pack functionally.

34 (R) then N N! Needs sewn along top of frame sleeves. I'll do this then it is a LNIB pack functionally and esthetically. No other visible ding at all!

35 N1N1 $95 Plastic ladder lock above left shoulder has broken piece but still fully functional. Looks great, almost full premium!

36 N1 N2 $95 Plastic ladder lock replaced with black one (slight esthetic ding only) some tape residue, almost full premium.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    I also have 20 (-3, paid for)premium assault packs at $45 each. These are not numbered like above they are in REEEEAly good to almost new (if not new in some cases) condition.
    I found 2 (-1 paid for)radio pouches, both in excellent condition $5 each, $10 shipped. (both spoken for but 1 paid for)
    In order to keep track of inventory I'll need you to post in the thread how many you want of these also.

Last edited:

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'll take Bags #16 ($45), #19 ($45), and #30 ($50). I will also take the second radio pouch ($5). Should bring my pre-CC/PayPal/shipping total to $145.

I'd like to hold off on shipment/pickup a little bit, if that's okay with you, in case the other thread items get opened up to the B-List folks. I may be looking to add a full sleeping system and hydration carrier, too.

BTW, I think the price might have been left off Bag #34 by mistake.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I'll take Bags #16 ($45), #19 ($45), and #30 ($50). I will also take the second radio pouch ($5). Should bring my pre-CC/PayPal/shipping total to $145.

I'd like to hold off on shipment/pickup a little bit, if that's okay with you, in case the other thread items get opened up to the B-List folks. I may be looking to add a full sleeping system and hydration carrier, too.

BTW, I think the price might have been left off Bag #34 by mistake.

I originally made those notes for myself to be able to price things. #34 got held back, the (R) is for repair. I'm going to repair it prior to selling it.

I'm happy to label things as yours and hold them back once paid for so you can decide if you want them shipped or picked up later if that is what you are suggesting.

If by "other thread items" you mean the complete sleep systems, hydration carriers, bibs coveralls, water bottles, blankets...then they are opened up to to practically anyone. I even have classifieds ads for them going as of last night. I realized in the first protion of the GB that I have more than I'll ever need to service the GB folks.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I'll take pack #32 ($40) and a non-premium assault pack ($22) for a total of $62. I may be interested in a sleep system if you have any left at that time.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot about the hydration carriers ($10)...I'd like one of those as well if available.

I plan on paying cash FTF.

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Im still in for 2 premium packs in good working order.
    I have Paypal if that helps
    I would probably pick them up FTF
    Thanks

Last edited:

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    I will take 2 premium assault packs
    I will pick up FTF
    I would like to pay via Paypal. If not cash in person at pickup.
    thanks

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    See edit on OP.

1 If a pack isn't paid for it isn't being held.
    2 These are now up for grabs to the entire INGO population.

I'll close this after I make a post transitioning these into the classifieds rather than the group buy forum.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom