Please reply by conversation.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Jedi,

Are you closing this a 62K bullets? Your first post seems to indicate that then the second says if we get to 100K shipping is free. I am thinking instead of going through the hassel of a second order to just get in on yours. I have a company car so the fuel is not an issue and I could probably work with the others in this area to get theirs back to them as long as it doesn't overload my Taurus.

What is the rough weight of a box of 1000 bullets? Trying to figure out how many I could haul in a Taurus. I would think I could get 600-800 lbs of bullets(thats about what four grown adult passengers would weigh). Just have to spread them out between the front floorboad/seat and back seat and put some in the trunk.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi,

Are you closing this a 62K bullets? Your first post seems to indicate that then the second says if we get to 100K shipping is free. I am thinking instead of going through the hassel of a second order to just get in on yours. I have a company car so the fuel is not a issue and I could probably work with the other in this area to get theirs back to them as long as it doesn't overload my Taurus.

What is the rough weight of a box of 1000 bullets? Trying to figure out how many I could haul in a Taurus. I would think I could get 600-800 lbs of bullets(thats about what four grown adult passengers would weigh.

Yes and No. :D

We (NWI INGO) currently have no way of storing more than 1/2 of a pallet of "stuff" at the location in the OP. That is the reason for the limit. We do have the capability of moving 1 plate via a truck from the drop location to the OP location so that is not an issue anymore.

1 pallet = 1000 lbs (MAX load)
    1 grain = 0.000142857143 of a lb

Right now we are at 29K bullets (mins aclark's 2K) which is 3,985,500 grains of weight (taking all bullet calibers in question) which equals 570 lbs. So we are already over the 1/2 mark by 70lbs. Which means that rough numbers 29K x 2 = 58K of bullets would be about 1 pallet. So really 100K of bullets is more like 2 pallets.

The bigger issue is the size of our drop off location. I've PMed the member who is going to store the boxes as he gave me a size before but I don't have it in my notes right now. :xmad:

Each box is 5"x5"x5" and we are at 39 boxes so far.
    So while weight wise we are OK, space size I'm not sure.

As for your final question.
    1K of bullets = :dunno:
    depends on the grain of bullet but here is the equation.

1K of .45 ACP 230gr = 33lbs

(# of bullets) * (grains) * 0.000142857143 (lbs/grains) = lbs

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Y
    As for your final question.
    1K of bullets = :dunno:
    depends on the grain of bullet but here is the equation.

1K of .45 ACP 230gr = 33lbs

(# of bullets) * (grains) * 0.000142857143 (lbs/grains) = lbs
    To help answer the question a little better, I got enough 230 grain 45ACP bullets delivered to me the other day that when I loaded them into my daughters car (5 trips out to the car) to drive them home . . . the car pulled to the right the whole way home :yesway:

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    If I really needed to I could use one of the trucks from work, so pick up really isn't an issue.

The question then becomes can NWI recieve and store them until I get up to pick them up(which wouldn't be any more than 2 weeks)?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If I really needed to I could use one of the trucks from work, so pick up really isn't an issue.

The question then becomes can NWI recieve and store them until I get up to pick them up(which wouldn't be any more than 2 weeks)?

Not at this time.

Perhaps if we make alternate arrangements for our NEXT group buy I can do that. I can easily store a large load at my home, but I'll be borrowing a pick up truck from a friend to pick these up at the freight location (1 block from where I borrow the pick up truck) and then taking them to my retail cigar lounge. Space is limited at the cigar lounge. I don't want to abuse my 'borrowing' of the pick up and cart these bullets all the way to my house (literally the other side of the county).

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Yes we can do it. Even if we drop off your bullets (if it's a lot of them) over in my garage which is en route from the warehouse to the OP drop off location.

Now we might require a bacon tribute ;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not at this time.

Perhaps if we make alternate arrangements for our NEXT group buy I can do that. I can easily store a large load at my home, but I'll be borrowing a pick up truck from a friend to pick these up at the freight location (1 block from where I borrow the pick up truck) and then taking them to my retail cigar lounge. Space is limited at the cigar lounge. I don't want to abuse my 'borrowing' of the pick up and cart these bullets all the way to my house (literally the other side of the county).

Yes we can do it. Even if we drop off your bullets (if it's a lot of them) over in my garage which is en route from the warehouse to the OP drop off location.

Now we might require a bacon tribute ;)

OK that will work for me too.

:rofl:
    This is what happens when "mom" and "dad" are not talking in the same room.

FINAL ANSWER = yes so long as you are not ordering more than 40 boxes of bullets (ie. 40K) cause then I don't have enough room.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    when are you expecting the updated price list?

Should of had it yesterday but alas he got the big bullet shipment for JAN and thus us swamped. :xmad:

Bullet prices on the website ARE CORRECT.

Riffle and Hard Cast are not. Will have to email/call him again today. **SIGH**

ryanbr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Logansport
    Ok will take a look and let ya know what I am in for! Thanks jedi

Should of had it yesterday but alas he got the big bullet shipment for JAN and thus us swamped. :xmad:

Bullet prices on the website ARE CORRECT.

Riffle and Hard Cast are not. Will have to email/call him again today. **SIGH**

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    are we just ordering bullets or can we order anything from the site. im interested in a media kit and a pail of corn cob polish and 10k of 9mm 115RN.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom