jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK have resubmitted the revised order.
    The shipping charges per member have changed somewhat as we went from 54K in bullets (via 62 boxes) down to 53.5K in bullets (via 57 boxes). Total weight is now 997lbs BTW.

I have adjusted post #2 to show the new totals, what I owe people, and who still owes a few cents. Grand total of our order is $4,018.75 (waiting confirmation from vendor) and I will have $4,121.29 cleared in PayPal today. So as soon as B&B confirms the total I will send him the money.

In terms of refund please give me some time. I have money in 3 different places for this right now.

Chase, ING and PayPal.
    Chase is linked to ING. ING is linked to PayPal.
    So doing a transfer from
    Chase -> ING is 5 day process.
    ING -> PayPal is a 3-5 day process.

As you can see it's a RPITA right now to move these funds.
    In addition I fronted some of the inital money from ING to PayPal to ensure we could pay by 02/01/2014 when the money is due. So not only do I owe myself money I also owe some of you money (Bill B and Ericwp you guys are owed the most ~$30 and ~$70) but it's scattered everywhere rigth now.

I would like to pay B&B tomorrow and then determine who wants a PayPal transfer vs a check for their refund. The checks will be from Chase BTW.

Those that paid via PayPal I will transfer it via PayPal again. Anyone else want their refund via PayPal? If so please send me your email address.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :nono:
    See if I keep it and the IRS aduits me I'm going to have to report all the money as income + the expense of the actual group buy and the 0.15 PROFIT from this group buy. :rolleyes: So by making sure I have $0.00 at the end of this group buy I rid myself of having to do any paperwork for this group buy. Thus why I did not want all of you sending me money via PayPal as PayPal now sends out 1099-Ks so that the IRS can match what you are making in PayPal with your taxes.

So all of you are getting your refund p-e-r-i-o-d so that I don't have to worry about dealing with any paperwork from this group buy. I learned with the HAM RADIO group buy to document, document, document all of it and keep a nice big papertrail.

Jedi, why don't you keep my overpayment as compensation for all the work you've done.

You came late to the party. See post above.

darthfader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 6, 2011
    NWI
    hey jedi, pls send me an email with your paypal address to tony@tacticalmatters.com, ill send you the money i own you today. if any members back out let me know via email and ill see if i can use what they didnt want. thanks for taking care of me..

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Group Buy Cancelled by Berry's Bullets

:(
    Bryan from B&B called me at 5PM CST. Berry's bullet has not accepted B&B's order of $340,000. Berry's is not accepting any further orders. The email exchange between B&B and Berry's can be found at the Virgina Gun Owner's website. I should have the link for it later tonight or tomorrow.

B&B said he was willing to wait 6 to 9 months if need be for the order but Berry's said that between now and then the prices for bullet may go up as component price is in flux and they do not know what the cost to make the bullets will be in 6 or 9 months.

So as of yesterday no orders are being allowed by Berry's. :xmad:

So it's now major refund time to all of you.
    PayPal buyers I will send you your money in a bit (once I'm done with this post).

CASH and CHECK folks we got several options.
    - Send you money via PayPal (if you have an account)
    - Transfer the funds to ING (3 to 5 day hold) and then mail you a check from ING Direct or
    - Pull the money out via ATM and give you back cash

I would prefer PayPal or the ING Direct check if possible to keep a paper trail but if you want CASH soon no worries you can come pick it up at my house as well.

I'm sorry that this has fallen apart on us. Now I'm kicking myself in the head for not doing the group buy back in OCT/NOV but alas at that time I was not fully trusting of this vendor. Things must be really bad if Berry's is not willing to take a $325K order with customers willing to wait 6 months+!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @all
    Those asking for a check can you please PM me

Check Payable to who?
    Mailing address as well.

@Bill B.
    I will make check payable to Mrs. Bill B. :rofl:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Forgot to mention as some have asked via PM.
    B&B Reloading said that the earliest he can try to do another group buy would be late summer as that is maybe when Berry's will allow new orders.

I told him to call me when we was ready as at least I am still interested.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @All

Via ING Direct I do have the option to do an electronic funds transfer (even if you DO NOT have an ING Direct account).

Instant transfer to another ING Direct holder and FEB 4 (based on today's date) if the account is an external account. I image it's probably like chase quickpay in which you need to create an account with ING and supply them with your bank/rounting number so they know where to send the money to.

So this is another option if you don't want me to have ING mail you a check.
    Please advise.

I WILL WAIT UNTIL 7PM CST FRIDAY 31 JAN 2013 BEFORE I MOVE FUNDS FROM PAYPAL TO ING DIRECT IN CASE ANYONE WHO DID NOT PAY VIA PAYPAL WANTS ME TO TRANSFER VIA PAYPAL.

Those that PM me between now and then who want a check or ING transfer I will move your move from PayPal to ING ASAP so that the clock on it pending/hold is shorter.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    this is all melensdad's fault as Da PINKfather is not allowed at the unoffical club house and it looked like this group buy was finally going to give Da PINKfather a reason to go to the club house.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I have the email axchange between B&B and Berry's those members in the group buy if you want it PM me. B&B would like to keep the email exchange private so I won't post it here.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well Jedi, I can believe it. They really don't know, or they know cost is skyrocketing, just not how high.
    Material cost at the mills has replaced "man-hours per ton" as a cost metric.

Its a side effect (or main effect really) of the devaluation of currency done to try to "prime" the economy. Everyone forgets devaluation means higher costs.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    PayPal to ING Direct transfer of $1806.76 to pay

GhostOfWinter via Check (will pick up)
    debeerman via Check (mailed)
    Bill B via Check (mailed)
    bigretic via CASH (:dunno: pickup)
    actaeon277 via check (mailed)
    aclark*

* Money sent from CHASE account as aclark sent money from CHASE.
    So the money in PayPal will go back to my chase account eventually have to move to ING Direct first and then back to chase.

msk

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    Wow. What an unfortunate turn of events. Keep me in mind when this deal can actually go through. Or maybe we can find another source?

Thanks for all of your hard work!

MK

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow. What an unfortunate turn of events. Keep me in mind when this deal can actually go through. Or maybe we can find another source?

Thanks for all of your hard work!

MK

Another source right now at those prices is unlikely. :(
    Berry Bullets updated their product page (last night I think). In big bold red letters.

"DUE TO OVERWHELMING DEMAND WE ARE NOT ABLE TO TAKE ANY MORE ORDERS FOR BULLETS UNTIL WE CATCH UP. WE ARE WORKING 24/7 TO CLEAR OUT THE CURRENT ORDERS AND AS SOON AS WE HAVE CAPACITY WE WILL MAKE THEM AVAILABLE ON THE WEB."
    :xmad:

But if someone knows of another source and we can "vouche" for them I'm willing to organize another one. I'm hoping that by summer B&B can finally get another massive group buy with Berry as I do like his prices and he has been very good with comms.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom