• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abnk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    First off, I am affiliated in any way with tyler34 nor has he asked me to do this for him. I don't believe I am breaking any rules, but if this thread causes any discontent to Fenway, I apologize.

Apparently, tyler34 is very knowledgeable about blades and does sharpening on the side. The price is very attractive. In fact, it is so attractive that it wouldn't be cost-effective for him to drive up to Indy unless he had more than just a few knives to sharpen.

Preferably, I'd like to get as many members as possible to commit so we don't waste his time and gas.

Would you bring your knife(s) on a certain day at a certain time in Indy for sharpening? You can IM him for prices, but I seriously doubt that you will be disappointed.

Please post with a yes or maybe.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    lol yes. i also would like to see his techniques, though my reason is different than yours. a couple months ago i tried to get a class going but it just didn't work out. if you can find a place for the set up i am sure it would be easier. you can't just sharpen knives anywhere so find a spot in advance

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I have 3 to get sharpened. I'm in. Hopefully we can get enough people to make it worth tyler's time.:yesway:

Maybe to ensure its worth his time we can set a minimum commitment per person? Just an idea

Last edited:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I really hate to be the one that killed this thread.
    I'm guessing the group knife sharpening is dead?

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    what would be most cost effective for me would be for everyone to label their knives and get them all together in one place, then have me pick them up sharpen them and then drop them back off in indy for everyone to pick up.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    what would be most cost effective for me would be for everyone to label their knives and get them all together in one place, then have me pick them up sharpen them and then drop them back off in indy for everyone to pick up.

Hey that works for me. Any ideas what would be a good drop off point? Tyler is there anyplace in Indy you visit on a regular basis?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom