• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Ok, for those of you who've got these, help!

Went out today to shoot mine, had shot it once already (20 rounds), no problems.

Today between me, my dad, and my friend, we ran either 140 or 160 rounds through it...

Had multiple Fail to Feed, and Stovepipes (talking probably 40 total), and normally within the first 4 or 5 rounds in the mag. I ran 3 magazines through it rapidfire (about as fast as I could pull the trigger) and not a single problem...

Any ideas? I haven't taken it apart to clean yet (will do after my son goes to bed tonight), but the only thing I noticed today after a visual inspection was maybe a little buildup on the breech face in the corners, extractor looked good, cycles dummy rounds just fine...

Was using Federal 525 bulk pack (rated 1260 fps)

sonofadoublegun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    NW - near Munster
    If it were mine - I would clean the hell out of it and buy a box of CCI ammo just to see how it acts at the next range trip... That Federal stuff is pretty darn nasty, and I have see more than one .22 go down because it needed a good cleaning. :twocents:

SODG

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    That was one though I had, I've always read it prefers hot loads, but I didn't think those Federals were slow.

I didn't feed it any of my nasty Thunderbolts, and avoid Wildcats like the plague... Might try some Stingers next time we go out...

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I used to own a gsg 1911 (traded it for something else I wanted) and mine hated federal american eagle but absolutely loved winchester wildcats and cci.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Mine's got several thousand rounds through it on a steady diet of Federal value-pack. After about 2000 rounds it started getting a little fussy, so I had to clean it :)

My guess is that yours has the earlier version of the mag follower, which ATI will replace for you if you call them or go to their website. You can tell if you have the new or old by looking at the angle the top round takes in the magazine when full. If it looks like its pointed at the front wall of the magazine, it's probably the older version. The new version gives a more pronounced upward angle to the round. Hope this helps. I really like shooting mine...

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Thanks, just got a PM to a thread in another forum discussing the same thing, new follower vs. old follower... Also mentioned early models had an aluminum bushing vs. steel on later models, so going to check that too since it's disassembled on the workbench behind me at the moment...

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Mine's only got a few hundrwd rounds through it, but it's ran perfect is far. I was pleasantly supriswd that it runs fine with everything fromCCI standard velocity to bulk pack to Mini Mags. All of my shooting has been wih a can in it and it doesn't seem too dirty.

It you have a chance, try some different ammo. That usually fixes99% of my. 22 issues.

Doug K

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Mine's only got a few hundrwd rounds through it, but it's ran perfect is far. I was pleasantly supriswd that it runs fine with everything fromCCI standard velocity to bulk pack to Mini Mags. All of my shooting has been wih a can in it and it doesn't seem too dirty.

It you have a chance, try some different ammo. That usually fixes99% of my. 22 issues.

Doug K

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Well I checked and it appears I have both the early design "flatter" mag followers and the aluminum barrel bushing. I just emailed ATI to see about getting the new design parts.

Also going to try some different ammo next time I have a chance to get out and shoot it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep...had the same issues when mine was new. High Vel ammo and over-lubed rails are the order of the day.
    ALSO...be mindful that the manual does not mention the taper of the spring...if you put it in backwards it WILL get boogered up! Small end goes under the cap.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Yep...had the same issues when mine was new. High Vel ammo and over-lubed rails are the order of the day.
    ALSO...be mindful that the manual does not mention the taper of the spring...if you put it in backwards it WILL get boogered up! Small end goes under the cap.

Yup. Got it from another INGO member and he'd already thoughtfully painted the guide rod and correct end of the spring, no problems there! Round count was approx. 200 when I got it, only has about 400 through it now.
    Not sure when I'll have a chance to get out again, but before too long since the weather is where I like it right now (I'm not a summer person, lol.)

blitzen25cat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    south east indiana
    Just give it a good cleaning. I've put about 2000rds through mine without a hiccup but strip it down and clean after every shooting session. I do the same with my GSG522 and it runs great. be careful with the taper of the spring when assembling. ATI has excellent customer service

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Just give it a good cleaning. I've put about 2000rds through mine without a hiccup but strip it down and clean after every shooting session. I do the same with my GSG522 and it runs great. be careful with the taper of the spring when assembling. ATI has excellent customer service

I normally strip and clean any of my guns after shooting, I know a lot of people shoot theirs without a good cleaning for long periods of time, I was just always taught to strip and clean them every time.
    I emailed them and got the number to call, it just seem like every time I think of it, something else pops up and I forget about it, ugh...

Top Bottom