• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    In one of my other threads, I was told I needed the fixed barrel mount to use my Guardian 9 on my carbine, so I wouldnt damage the booster. I ordered the mount from Bud's and confirmed that the part number they shipped me is indeed the G9 Fixed Barrel Mount. I take the nut off of the booster, and remove the internals (the spring and that other piece) and I can start to screw in the fixed mount in place of the other nut, the threads match fine, but the threading on the fixed mount is much deeper than the threading on the booster, so it leaves like 1/8" of thread showing, which is obviously not right.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible that the mount I received, despite being in the packaging for the G9 Fixed Mount, is not for the G9? This is the only spot I could find where the fixed mount has the same threads as the suppressor.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    It's a different diameter if I take the booster off completely. If I remove the nut on the booster, it's the diameter and thread pattern, but the threads on the fixed mount are much longer, so it can't thread all of the way in.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Okay, so it looks like what has been happening when I take the booster off is that sleeve comes with it. I just have to figure out how to separate the booster and the sleeve now. Is it normally this hard? Anything I should put on it when I reassemble it to keep it from being such a PITA?

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    Okay, so it looks like what has been happening when I take the booster off is that sleeve comes with it. I just have to figure out how to separate the booster and the sleeve now. Is it normally this hard? Anything I should put on it when I reassemble it to keep it from being such a PITA?

I use an anti-seize compound.

Top Bottom