Please reply by conversation.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    SOLD/TRADED!!!

I built this rifle as I was going through treatment for cancer. It was a very fun project and gave me something to focus on. I did a lot of research and built this rifle with care. Let me go through what was done so you know exactly what you are looking at:

--Finish: Rifle and parts were painted in flat black moly resin (over parkerizing) and oven cured. Very durable finish. Bolt was high polished to a bright stainless appearance.

--Stock:
    Bonesteel Arms FAL style folding stock for the PSL. Has a QD swivel for a sling, has a cheek riser that is near impossible to find these days, has a Russian SVD buttpad strapped on.

--Handguard: I found some PSL to SVD handguard brackets still for sale (no one makes these anymore). This allows true SVD handguards to be used with some modification. The handguard on this rifle is Russian SVD surplus.

--Grip: Mako sniper grip.

--Performance Mods: Gas system has the PSL gas system mod done so it can fire any 7.62x54 ammo. If you are not familiar with this mod a quick google search will get you your answer from the AKfiles or similar site. Basically the gas system hole is threaded with a tap and a drilled out set screw is threaded in to reduce the amount of gas going in to the action. Still just as reliable, just not over gassed.

--Barrel: Barrel was cut to 19 inches, reprofiled, threaded, target crown hand lapped in, and SuperComp XL muzzle brake installed. Barrel was free floated. The handguards and handguard brackets do not touch this barrel. The handguard bracket clamps to the gas tube. Front sight block was removed so the only thing clamped to this barrel is the gas system which can not be avoided...since front sight block was removed this is an optics only rifle unless someone were to add a front and rear iron sight. They make front sights that can be welded to the gas block, and TWS has a rear peep sight they sell for their rail.

--Bipod: Versapod Sniper bipod which is mounted to the receiver with a drill and tap...once again keeping pressure off the barrel.

--Optics: Texas Weapon System top cover rail, which is very sturdy and known to hold zero extremely well. Scope is a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 with Burris extreme QD rings. Has a Russian rubber eyepiece to give it that Combloc look and it sets the eye relief perfect. Butler Creek flip up cap in front with a killflash insert...scope will need to be sighted in.

--Included: 5 PSL magazines (these sell for $60-$80 a piece), mag pouch, railed side rail and original top cover, wood SVD handguards (these handguards work with this rifle but will not work with an SVD anymore as they have been modified for the brackets)

Because this rifle is modified I do not expect to get my full investment back, but it is still a very nice rifle. I am going to set a cash price at $1000 or best reasonable offer. I will accept trade or partial trade. My trade interest is Surplus collectible rifles and handguns. PM me with questions or offers, and if your offer is partial trade plus cash, please have your full offer ready when you message me.

I live in Madison County just NE of Indy and would prefer to keep driving within an hour, but I am flexible on that.

20180415094544.jpg

20180415094644.jpg

20180415094719.jpg

20180415094752.jpg

20180415094824.jpg

20180415094856.jpg

20180415094928.jpg

20180415094959.jpg

20180415095026.jpg

20180415095047.jpg

20180415095131.jpg

20180415095517.jpg