• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    We are a biracial family. My daughters significant other is a young man of color. The little terrorists in my avatar are mixed as is their 10 year old sister. They are truly the very best of us all. I get to see this through the eyes of the "Other" side as it were. The issues have become confusing. The message is muddled. This is by plan. With out this madness many would fall out of positions of power/importance. Incomes/revenue streams would dry up. I get seriously angered when I am referred to as a racist. This is usually when a discussion does not go the way they think it should when they talk in circles and have no facts to anchor their position. That is when the labels are applied. At that point there is no reason to remain reasonable anymore. There is no winning over the hearts and minds of those who feel it is OK to disrupt for no more reason than to be disruptive.
    Yes, I have become very very angry when I am labeled.

Maybe not for you, but I am adicted to INGO and do not want to get banned.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    We are a biracial family. My daughters significant other is a young man of color. The little terrorists in my avatar are mixed as is their 10 year old sister. They are truly the very best of us all. I get to see this through the eyes of the "Other" side as it were. The issues have become confusing. The message is muddled. This is by plan. With out this madness many would fall out of positions of power/importance. Incomes/revenue streams would dry up. I get seriously angered when I am referred to as a racist. This is usually when a discussion does not go the way they think it should when they talk in circles and have no facts to anchor their position. That is when the labels are applied. At that point there is no reason to remain reasonable anymore. There is no winning over the hearts and minds of those who feel it is OK to disrupt for no more reason than to be disruptive.
    Yes, I have become very very angry when I am labeled.

My nieces are bi racial. Very beautiful like your young ladies! I have never looked at them and really never thought of them as any body or thing but family. My friends are anyone who will stand me. My parents taught us that we were all the same inside, And that you can be and do anything if you try hard enough. I have raised my kids the same way.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I don't see how that shirt is racist by any stretch. Not the first thing I've questioned about the everything offends me/racist crowd.

Hope you enjoyed Disney (other than the idiots).

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Maybe not for you, but I am adicted to INGO and do not want to get banned.

I have my limits just as others do in here. I have had my actions questioned. I can no longer go full on churchmouse on anybody. I kinda miss it.......:):
    My post was more on a FTF basis. Not so much in here. I have been called a lot of things in here. The PM system seems to be open game.

We all must remain as civil as possible in the Forum. If not it will go wild wild west.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    It is a difficult society shift.

My teenagers are asking questions of us because they are intelligent enough to see the nonsensical, disparaging arguments made by those with ulterior motives. It's not ok to be male because America has a rape culture so no one will accept you; it is ok to be gay and everyone will accept you (we will mandate that). It's not ok to be white because there is white privilege; it is ok to be black because everyone will give you preferential treatment (we will mandate that). If you are Asian, Mexican, Latino, American Indian, Korean, etc... you are not a minority because there is ONLY one minority and YOU are not it. It is ok to have a Ms. Black America pageant because that is not racist; it is NOT ok to have a Ms. White America pageant because that is racist. My children have only learned the concept of categorizing a persons value by the color of their skin from the media who rails against it! At home, they learned to judge people by their actions and not their words, they learned to judge people by their character and not by their ancestry. Every day they go out into a world that seems to embrace the celebration of privilege and not character and we spend the evening trying to deprogram that line of thought.

We try to remind them that words are cheap and quality people are hard to come by - be careful who you stand up to be counted with.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It is a difficult society shift.

My teenagers are asking questions of us because they are intelligent enough to see the nonsensical, disparaging arguments made by those with ulterior motives. It's not ok to be male because America has a rape culture so no one will accept you; it is ok to be gay and everyone will accept you (we will mandate that). It's not ok to be white because there is white privilege; it is ok to be black because everyone will give you preferential treatment (we will mandate that). If you are Asian, Mexican, Latino, American Indian, Korean, etc... you are not a minority because there is ONLY one minority and YOU are not it. It is ok to have a Ms. Black America pageant because that is not racist; it is NOT ok to have a Ms. White America pageant because that is racist. My children have only learned the concept of categorizing a persons value by the color of their skin from the media who rails against it! At home, they learned to judge people by their actions and not their words, they learned to judge people by their character and not by their ancestry. Every day they go out into a world that seems to embrace the celebration of privilege and not character and we spend the evening trying to deprogram that line of thought.

We try to remind them that words are cheap and quality people are hard to come by - be careful who you stand up to be counted with.

+10 as always.
    We spend a lot of time re-programming our 10 year old G-daughter for these reasons. What she hears/see's/learns in school. She is mixed so the confusion is a bit harder to overcome. It is becoming tiresome. We went to her school and suggested that her teacher (last year) stop with the anti-trump political rants in the classroom. A 9 year old has no idea what all of this is actually about.
    My daughter and I are not favorites over there.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    +10 as always.
    We spend a lot of time re-programming our 10 year old G-daughter for these reasons. What she hears/see's/learns in school. She is mixed so the confusion is a bit harder to overcome. It is becoming tiresome. We went to her school and suggested that her teacher (last year) stop with the anti-trump political rants in the classroom. A 9 year old has no idea what all of this is actually about.
    My daughter and I are not favorites over there.

LOL, allow me to rant a bit about my thoughts on the schools [cracks her knuckles]...so when one of the kids was little they were studying about how savage the Indians were. They had even taken a field trip to Conner Prairie and discussed it. That would be the last time any of my children would be confused about the American Indian and what they hold and held dear. I pity the educator who tries to teach them that 'savage' line of crap again. The land Conner Prairie sits on once belonged to Indians from the Delaware Tribe. Mr. Conner married one so that he could trade with them, and eventually negotiated with the white man on their behalf. It was Mr. Conner that negotiated his first wife's entire community to leave Indiana and march West and join a little event known as the Trail of Tears. It was also Mr. Conner that insisted on their removal from the land he negotiated away from them. His first wife and their children were forced to leave, he did not feel the need to go with his family. He did, however, establish a lovely homestead that has now been turned into a living history museum. You can find his portrait and that of his second (white) wife on the walls of their carefully restored home.

My lesson to my kids will continue - be careful who you stand up to be counted with. Words are cheap, judge a man by his actions.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    So odd. Especially with Disney about to open a Star War themed attraction, you'd think that a "Dark Side" reference would naturally be assumed to be Star Wars related.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    I find it odd as I have never had anyone say a word to me at Disney, I have never had on a shirt that said anything as that is not my thing.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Have an acquaintance that likes to say " I am offended that you are offended by my actions" and while that may sound simple and silly it pretty well sums the upmanship currently trending in society of what can be labeled offensive.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    These days, if you aren’t labeled a racist, you’re doing something wrong.

I have a couple of t-shirts that bear a picture of an AR15, and the logo reads, "It's because I'm black isn't it?"

I constantly get complimented on it's message.
    Go ahead, call me a racist.
    I'll just consider the source.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    LOL, allow me to rant a bit about my thoughts on the schools [cracks her knuckles]...so when one of the kids was little they were studying about how savage the Indians were. They had even taken a field trip to Conner Prairie and discussed it. That would be the last time any of my children would be confused about the American Indian and what they hold and held dear. I pity the educator who tries to teach them that 'savage' line of crap again. The land Conner Prairie sits on once belonged to Indians from the Delaware Tribe. Mr. Conner married one so that he could trade with them, and eventually negotiated with the white man on their behalf. It was Mr. Conner that negotiated his first wife's entire community to leave Indiana and march West and join a little event known as the Trail of Tears. It was also Mr. Conner that insisted on their removal from the land he negotiated away from them. His first wife and their children were forced to leave, he did not feel the need to go with his family. He did, however, establish a lovely homestead that has now been turned into a living history museum. You can find his portrait and that of his second (white) wife on the walls of their carefully restored home.

My lesson to my kids will continue - be careful who you stand up to be counted with. Words are cheap, judge a man by his actions.

Ah, when I was but a lad I loved a good Western with all of those Renegade... Wait! What?

ren·e·gade
    ˈrenəˌɡād/
    noun

a person who deserts and betrays an organization, country, or set of principles.
    adjective

having treacherously changed allegiance.
    re·nege
    riˈneɡ,riˈniɡ/
    verb

• go back on a promise, undertaking, or contract.

The Renegade Government that reneged on every treaty (manifest destiny you know) with the American aboriginal. There are actually parts of our history that I am ashamed to even ponder.

Top Bottom