• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Does a "good" phone company truly exist? I switched from AT&T to Verizon for bettter service; from Verizon to T-Mobile to save money and it's crap; now I'm considering going back to Verizon or tying out Sprint. Here goes another $500 in start-up charges. :rolleyes:

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    All wireless carriers suck. I went with straight talk. $45 bucks amonth. Get unlimited everything. I bought their droid, and while its the sprint network, it has wifi while I'm at work and home. And my phone signal is great...except for 3 miles on my way to work.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Sprint service around me sucks really bad. I had Nextel which had desent service back in the day, but when Sprint bought them, service went down the tubes. Plus, Sprint doesnt have 4G LTE yet, just 4G(WiMax) which isnt as good as LTE.

But, I agree, theres no truely good wireless carrier. Each has pros/cons. But for me, I need reliable service/gps/internet for my job, since I'm on the road all the time.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I go with AT&T personally. Never had any real problems. They arent the cheapest, however, anytime i have called with a problem, or wanting to upgrade early, they have been very helpful. Also, depending on your profession, you might get a discount. I know that I have a military discount through them, so when they ring up my phones and accessories, they are automatically put on with the discount.
    As stated before though, if you go to Best Buy, they have all the companies there, they will tell you the good and bad of all the companies, and since they dont work off commission, they aren't going to try and steer you to one thing or another to make a buck off you.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    I suggest upgrading to the "jitterbug"

jitterbugphones.jpg

It costs nothing to upgrade to these nice large numbers and "call/hangup" feature.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Pretty much what everyone else has said. Verizon seems to be the best of what we have to choose from in this area. They're all too expensive but Verizon seems to have the best coverage and so far has been trouble free for the many years I've had them. I buy from TCC (the cellular connection) who sells Verizon and I think they are very good to work with and strive to get you the best deal possible.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Wow, seems like we upgraded at the right time (last week of March). Samsung Stratospheres were buy one get one @$199, they gave us $30 for trading in each of our phones, and a $50 mail-in rebate on each phone. Plus, we had one of those $50 off deals. Verizon has managed to keep me around for another 2 years.

Truly, all wireless companies, like cable/internet companies, are a total racket. The selection and competition have gone up, technology has become cheaper, yet the prices continue to rise...why? Because we all pay it. How many here could walk away from their wireless phone for 1 month? They've got us by the short hairs.

Boost Lee

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Greenwood, IN
    Wow, seems like we upgraded at the right time (last week of March). Samsung Stratospheres were buy one get one @$199, they gave us $30 for trading in each of our phones, and a $50 mail-in rebate on each phone. Plus, we had one of those $50 off deals. Verizon has managed to keep me around for another 2 years.

Truly, all wireless companies, like cable/internet companies, are a total racket. The selection and competition have gone up, technology has become cheaper, yet the prices continue to rise...why? Because we all pay it. How many here could walk away from their wireless phone for 1 month? They've got us by the short hairs.

*sigh* Best Buy Mobile has had the Statosphere's for FREE for a long time (Read: FREE, No mail-in rebates, no buy one get one BS),
    Not to mention they've been running a promotion to get a $50 Best Buy Gift Card if you upgrade to certain phones (Stratosphere being one of them).

You guys really need to check out Best Buy Mobile..... Not to sound like a forum advertisement, but I'm serious!

Trav43

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Northern Shelby county
    I have had sprint forever, I have 5 line all with unlimited mob2mob,data,texts and 1500 mins to a land line. My plan runs about $210 a month. I have some sketchy coverage areas but my friends on all the other carriers have the same problems. As far as upgrades go wait an extra month after your 2 yr contract ends and they will be calling you with all kinds of upgrade deals.

skydelta34

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I will be checking out STRAIGHT TALK. They are on verizon network and unlimited everything for about half the price of a Verizon phone and they will have android phones this summer, but I still have 6 months before my termination fee is gone.
    I believe some phones are on verizons network and some are on at&t's.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I've had increasing troubles with Verizon over the last few years. I'm on my parents plan, and my parents have been with Verizon since the late 90's. They typically take good care of customers that have been with them for nearly 2 decades, but that's starting to fall apart too. My wife upgraded her droid about 4 weeks ago. She had problems with the phone and they said they'd send a replacement. The replacement she got was a "refurbished" phone, to replace a phone that was less than 3 weeks old. She called and argued the point on the phone, they said they only replace it with a new phone if it's within 14 days. And they wouldn't budge on that fact.

I think we'll be shopping around for new carriers when our contract is up next. Verizon service sucks in our area, and it seems AT&T works pretty good. So I may check them out when the time comes...

Top Bottom