Guess the days of cheap mosins are definitely gone...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shadow8088

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Had some business to do in Valpo today, convinced the wife that going to Blythe's was a great idea. They had some old Mausers and an Arisaka and I was shocked to see ARs in the $799 range (don't ask me brands, I have no clue.. not my cup of tea) and I mosied on back to where I saw a lone 91/30 standing up in a rack. $189... bone stock, nothing special 91/30 for $189 (1942) didn't check the foundry stamp.. I guess that means the cheap mosins are all gone. Well, at least I managed to snag 2 before the prices eased on out of my range... or at least what I'm willing to pay for a 'nothing special' 70 year old rifle...

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    I picked up my Mosin from Blythe's on Broad ST last fall, 1939 practically brand new barrel, for $129. Seems both of their locations have sold most of their Mosins. I have seen some threads on here still talking about $130 ones.

koutsevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    San Pierre, IN
    Nope...it just means the days of finding a good deal at Blythe's is gone.

I would have to disagree! I haven't posted enough to buy and sell on INGO yet, so I still buy new. Seems to be Cabelas, Blythe's(2 locations), and Gander Mountain for me. Decided to buy a Glock 23 gen4 this past week. I paid $20 less than Cabelas, which happened to be on sale at the time, and $120 cheaper than Gander. The man behind the counter gave me a $5 discount on a box of jhp and a $25 discount on bulk pack of ammo. The ammo was $15 cheaper and the bulk pack $40 cheaper than Gander. I then was able to get a hand written free range pass for the Valpo location, I was at the Griffith store. Blythe's still has my vote!

:rockwoot:

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I would have to disagree! I haven't posted enough to buy and sell on INGO yet, so I still buy new. Seems to be Cabelas, Blythe's(2 locations), and Gander Mountain for me. Decided to buy a Glock 23 gen4 this past week. I paid $20 less than Cabelas, which happened to be on sale at the time, and $120 cheaper than Gander. The man behind the counter gave me a $5 discount on a box of jhp and a $25 discount on bulk pack of ammo. The ammo was $15 cheaper and the bulk pack $40 cheaper than Gander. I then was able to get a hand written free range pass for the Valpo location, I was at the Griffith store. Blythe's still has my vote!

lol welcome to the board.

I was at Acme in Seymour on Friday and picked up a Mosin...after I realized what the 'grease' was. It was 170 I believe.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    hard to believe i bought one for $105 from AIM (shipped and transferred) in 2011. A lot of people thought it was crazy when AIM was selling M44s for $200.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    I picked up a 91/30 with all accessories a couple of weeks ago for $129 at a newish LGS.
    In 2011 we looked at crates of Mosins with accessories at Aim. I don't remember how many were in a crate, or what the crate price was. We knew we should've been buying them but didn't. We regret that.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    hard to believe i bought one for $105 from AIM (shipped and transferred) in 2011. A lot of people thought it was crazy when AIM was selling M44s for $200.

About a month ago, I got a 91/30, a 1937, from Aim Surplus for $164, including the shipping and FFL fee. The rifle itself was $120. I thought it was a pretty good deal, for me.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    With the price of other bolt actions I really think sub-$200 is still cheap.

What I want to know is what was the price on that Arisaka?

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012

Um , isn't everyone cheaper than Gander?

David

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011
    Aim has them again for $99 with the caveat in the description that the supply is starting to tighten up.

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    Aim has them again for $99 with the caveat in the description that the supply is starting to tighten up.

I saw that ad too. They call it a "Shooter's Grade" rifle. I did notice they don't offer the "$10 Best of Five" on these either. One takes what one receives, I guess. It's a real tempting price, for sure! Will have to think on this a bit more.:D I have only two of them now...

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI

I saw that ad too. They call it a "Shooter's Grade" rifle. I did notice they don't offer the "$10 Best of Five" on these either. One takes what one receives, I guess. It's a real tempting price, for sure! Will have to think on this a bit more.:D I have only two of them now...

Not sure where you all are seeing that. The only ones they have listed say $119.95 and they are out of stock. :dunno:

Russian 1891/30 7.62x54R Mosin Nagant Rifles

Top Bottom