Guess the ND in the parking lot was not important?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No not really. The law is very clear. Not just sb411 but any law. They are what they are. No one is asking whether or not the ND was stupid or preventable. No one is asking whether or not he should have been fired for it or not. The question is: was he fired for having a weapon in his vehicle?" The answer is yes. Can he prove it was for that reason and not for the ND? Again, the answer is yes. My opinions, your opinions and anyone else's opinions on what SHOULD have happened due to the incident don't matter. What matters is what DID happen. Whether we like it or not that's the way the judicial system works.

That is all yet to be determined in court. Also yet to be determined, even with a "victory" in court, whether this reflects badly on rest of us.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No not really. The law is very clear. Not just sb411 but any law. They are what they are. No one is asking whether or not the ND was stupid or preventable. No one is asking whether or not he should have been fired for it or not. The question is: was he fired for [STRIKE]having a weapon in his vehicle[/STRIKE] refusing to answer an illegal question?" The answer is yes. Can he prove it was for that reason and not for the ND? Again, the answer is yes. My opinions, your opinions and anyone else's opinions on what SHOULD have happened due to the incident don't matter. What matters is what DID happen. Whether we like it or not that's the way the judicial system works.
    Fixed it for you.

That is all yet to be determined in court. Also yet to be determined, even with a "victory" in court, whether this reflects badly on rest of us.

No matter what happens in court, news outlets like "The [STRIKE]Indianapolis[/STRIKE] Red Star" will report it in such a way as to reflect badly on gun owners.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    No matter what happens in court, news outlets like "The [STRIKE]Indianapolis[/STRIKE] Red Star" will report it in such a way as to reflect badly on gun owners.

We absolutely know that. Thus we should learn when to pick a fight and when not.

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious." Sun Tzu

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I would say getting fired, when the LAW says you can't be, is a good reason to fight.

It seems to me that some people are too worried about what other people may think to fight for their rights. The mentality of not wanting to pick a fight because it might make other people look bad is beyond asinine to me. If you were wronged, then fight. If it makes other people "look bad", tough. To be totally honest I fail to see how that even works. Someone was fired for an illegal reason. How does anything else they may or may not have done make another party look bad??? And people can argue all they want about what reason he was fired for. The man has solid proof that it was over possibly HAVING the weapon and not the ND. That's like saying it's okay to kill someone if they're a rapist. It's still murder. It's still against the law. It doesn't give you the right to break that law. End of story. And if people still can't comprehend that then perhaps that should research and learn the way the law and the justice system works. The most hilarious thing of all about this whole ordeal is that he hadn't had the AR in his vehicle since the time of that email.

TheCapulet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Rural Fairmount
    We absolutely know that. Thus we should learn when to pick a fight and when not.

"He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious." Sun Tzu
    According to the law, he has a right to keep a weapon in his vehicle without fear of illegal questioning or employment termination because of it.

So at what point should we not fight for our rights? When is it EVER a good thing to give up our rights so that the 'indy star' doesn't bad mouth you?

It seems to me that some people are too worried about what other people may think to fight for their rights. The mentality of not wanting to pick a fight because it might make other people look bad is beyond asinine to me. If you were wronged, then fight. If it makes other people "look bad", tough. To be totally honest I fail to see how that even works. Someone was fired for an illegal reason. How does anything else they may or may not have done make another party look bad??? And people can argue all they want about what reason he was fired for. The man has solid proof that it was over possibly HAVING the weapon and not the ND. That's like saying it's okay to kill someone if they're a rapist. It's still murder. It's still against the law. It doesn't give you the right to break that law. End of story. And if people still can't comprehend that then perhaps that should research and learn the way the law and the justice system works. The most hilarious thing of all about this whole ordeal is that he hadn't had the AR in his vehicle since the time of that email.
    Repped

Top Bottom