• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I have voted. would be nice if the people in power would pay attention to these poll's. :twocents:

The world is full of zombie's,some not so dead yet..

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I voted for option #1. Nothing short of 50-state Constitutional carry and abolition of any law which infringes on the Second Amendment is acceptable to me and option #1 was most in line with this philosophy.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    As others have, I voted.

Poll: How would you like Congress to handle gun control legislation?

Response Percent Votes
    1. Every law-abiding citizen should be allowed to carry a firearm at any time. 68% 110
    2. Toughen gun violence laws so the real criminals don’t get a chance to leave prison. 14% 24
    3. Further restrictions on owning a firearm; the 2nd Amendment was worded for the military. 9% 16
    4. Allow states to create their own laws for gun ownership, each to be honored nationwide. 5% 9
    5. Ask me after I get done with my taxes. 1% 2
    total votes: 161

Mine is in italics, although the proper phrasing should have been, "No free citizen shall be forbidden to carry arms at any time."
    Free, not "law-abiding". Laws change. Freedom does not.
    "None shall be forbidden", not "[All] should be allowed". You don't allow us to breathe, we do it, and you cannot forbid that which you don't control. See 1), above
    Arms, not "firearms". The 2A covers all.

That said, I like #2 in the poll also, but the first answer was the more complete and correct.

Blessings,
    Bill

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    68%122 Every law-abiding citizen should be allowed to carry a firearm at any time.

15%27 Toughen gun violence laws so the real criminals don’t get a chance to leave prison.

10%19 Further restrictions on owning a firearm; the 2nd Amendment was worded for the military.

5%9 Allow states to create their own laws for gun ownership, each to be honored nationwide.

1%2 Ask me after I get done with my taxes.

total votes: 179

Sounds about right to me... How can these other polls something completely different. It's not like they ever lie to us..

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Mine is in italics, although the proper phrasing should have been, "No free citizen shall be forbidden to carry arms at any time."
    Free, not "law-abiding". Laws change. Freedom does not.
    "None shall be forbidden", not "[All] should be allowed". You don't allow us to breathe, we do it, and you cannot forbid that which you don't control. See 1), above
    Arms, not "firearms". The 2A covers all.

That said, I like #2 in the poll also, but the first answer was the more complete and correct.

Blessings,
    Bill

Yes, I like that. I always forget about operative wording. I read like a 7 year old especially when compaired to those who write my laws for me.
    Thank you Bill.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Wow I am impressed, the CP actually had a poll that wasn't skewed one way or the other, and actually seemed like it was reasonably thought out.

Either the first or second response would be appropriate.

Beech Grover

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Every law-abiding citizen should be allowed to carry a firearm at any time.

66% 270 Toughen gun violence laws so the real criminals don’t get a chance to leave prison.

14% 60 Further restrictions on owning a firearm; the 2nd Amendment was worded for the military.

12% 51 Allow states to create their own laws for gun ownership, each to be honored nationwide.

5% 22 Ask me after I get done with my taxes.

0% 4 total votes: 407

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I voted for option #1. Nothing short of 50-state Constitutional carry and abolition of any law which infringes on the Second Amendment is acceptable to me and option #1 was most in line with this philosophy.

I agree. Response #2 dilutes the effectiveness of the responses. It's like a non-answer.

Top Bottom