• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    The whole family is gonna make our first visit to the Gulf Shores, AL area this June and was wondering for those that have been what are some must hit places or any reviews? Also looking for several toddler friendly attractions.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I too am heading that way late summer. Found a 2BR condo, beachfront location and view, for way less than a single hotel room for the same period. Haven't been for a couple years now but am really looking forward to some beach time. I will be toting along my then soon to be 5 yo goddaughter and am looking for kids stuff too. the condo, a Phoenix property, has a nice large splash pad for kids as well as the usual pools, etc.

If it's open we will likely run over to the Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park in Fort Walton Beach. Maybe some kind of dolphin cruise.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    You will want to eat at Mikee's Seafood. Go early in your stay because you'll want to go again. Also Sea and Suds restaurant is right on the beach. Great place to grab a quick lunch. Drafts are $2.75 and burgers $4.50 !

Edit: Burgers aren't $450!

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Watching this one as well, looking for a new vacation spot. Are most of the restaurants heavily biased towards seafood?
    Yes, but that’s typical all along the gulf coast. GS is close enough that you can find good Cajun and Creole places too. And you’ll get sick of shrimp.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Yes, but that’s typical all along the gulf coast. GS is close enough that you can find good Cajun and Creole places too. And you’ll get sick of shrimp.
    Yeah would literally get sick of shrimp, crab, lobster, shellfish. Makes my wife so mad, I keep telling her just because I can not eat it she can. Her response is always she wants to keep me around.

RevolverGuy75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2021
    Central IN
    The whole family is gonna make our first visit to the Gulf Shores, AL area this June and was wondering for those that have been what are some must hit places or any reviews? Also looking for several toddler friendly attractions.
    Fort Morgan State “park” or “site” is pretty neat and child friendly. Dolphin cruises are low key and fun for all. These multiple putt putt/ fun Park/arcade type places along the shoreline strip. There’s a nice zoo in GS too.

SumtnFancy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 5, 2013
    Ft. Wayne
    Gulfarium is a great day adventure, go early to catch all the shows.

Stay away from the chain places and search out more local seafood and you won't burn out as fast. Gulf shores is great, they have a really cool wild life sanctuary/zoo there where you can hold sloths, lemurs, etc. Great golfing in gulf shores and Destin area.

Enjoy!

Top Bottom