• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    To those of you who have spoken so highly about this stuff the past couple of weeks I hate you. you guys talked like it was the best thing going and the ONLY beer worth drinking. well I saw a 6er sittin on the shelf today at the liquor store so I bought it. Just drank my first and last one. Its disgusting. NOWHERE near worth even HALF of the 15 dollars for a 6 pack of the stuff. It tastes like the aftertaste of horrible watermelon or cherry gum that never had enough flavor to begin with, coupled with a slightly bitter hoppy taste.

I am glad you enjoy it, but I am going to enjoy dumping the rest down the drain.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    To those of you who have spoken so highly about this stuff the past couple of weeks I hate you. you guys talked like it was the best thing going and the ONLY beer worth drinking. well I saw a 6er sittin on the shelf today at the liquor store so I bought it. Just drank my first and last one. Its disgusting. NOWHERE near worth even HALF of the 15 dollars for a 6 pack of the stuff. It tastes like the aftertaste of horrible watermelon or cherry gum that never had enough flavor to begin with, coupled with a slightly bitter hoppy taste.

I am glad you enjoy it, but I am going to enjoy dumping the rest down the drain.

Save it....shoot it. Much pleasure from this.

RSW

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    I'm drinking it right now and it's great! Light and refreshing but it has a fruity aftertaste.

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    So what do you consider good beer? I'm not saying that Gumballhead is awesome but I can tolerate it, if there is nothing else that I want to drink available. Personally Boulevard makes much more palatable beer in that style range.

chuck

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    Muncie
    I'm easy to please. New Belgium, Leinenkugel's, Breckenridge, Bell's- to me variety is the spice of life, lol. One of my favorites is Breckenridge oatmeal stout. I lean to the porters and stouts, but like it all.

RGriff69

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    Have you tried Lienenkugel snowdrift vanilla porter? Man that stuff is good, one of the better porters readily available!
    I tried that Lienenkugel and can't say I really liked it too much.

Having a Bourbon Barrel Stout by Bluegrass Brewing company now. Its ok but takes a couple drinks to get used to.

Gumball Head is my favorite 3 Floyds beer. Good stuff there!

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Robert the Bruce is OK.
    Never cared for GBH.

My favorite by far is Double Crooked Tree IPA, set for a year.

BTW on an alcohol note..............I'm just fresh out of Solidarnosc liquor and cherry filled pralines :(

113mk1-2.jpg

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I get 'em from a guy who lives in Cleveland. Dunno where I can get them here.
    Most places online are sold out :(

Note: my Coors and Bud Light drinking friends don't care for them. My real drinking buds are addicted to these things.

Dark chocolate, bitter filling with light burn of the tongue tip, but then smooth, odd.......................and yummy.
    Once your palate adjusts there's no going back..................sit on the couch and be like Peg Bundy............

Now I'm out of these as well
    vodka_1.jpg

Last edited:

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    But back to beer............
    Dragons Milk was OK, as was Dirty Old Bast*rd, my cousin dropped some off. He cared for neither.
    More to his liking is Spotted Cow..............decent stuff, safe for the women too.
    But he LOVED Double Crooked Tree I had stashed for a year.
    Just checked some reviews..............wow, I disagree with a few.
    Seems as if some beer snobs have tongues way from the norm........must also carry Taurus firearms.
    I am not taste deaf, and not overly educated in palate.........but am somewhat adventurous.

I thought Gnawbone ale a bit rough at first, esp after some foods. But with a clean mouth and a cigar it was darn fine.
    Think DCT similar. Bitter, citrusy, but not thick like some claim.

I'ma drivin' up to snag some when they make another batch (only made in Feb). I tried their Scotty Karate ( a Robert The Bruce version) and I think 3 Floyds RTB a bit better.

Wheat beers aren't that bad to my tongue, not a fave, but tolerable on the low end..............they give me a wicked headache fast though. I'm talking mid glass.

Top Bottom