• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This is always bad news for gun owners. Doesn't matter that the LEO discharged the weapon. The whole thing looks irresponsible and gun owners will be blamed.

The gun owner is in some hot water now. I wouldn't want to trade placed with him. You can bet he didn't make his flight.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    He was alrerady in trouble but potentially even more now that the firearm was loaded and discharged. Probably not looking real good for him right now. And it only takes a second to remember the gun and check it in properly. It also only takes a second to remember to not put your finger on the trigger unless you are ready to shoot.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Far be it for me to beat a dead horse . . . but apparently this here horse, I say, I say (a little Joe-jaw lingo), is alive and well.:D

First, STOP TOUCHING IT! Why is this numbnuts coonfingering a pistol where woman, children and everyone and his brother (everyone goes through Atlanta) is walking by? Why the obession to play with guns in front of soft, fleshy backstops. STOP TOUCHING IT.

Remember, every time, every single time, you load or unload a firearm it can discharge.

Every time, every single time, you load or unloaded a firearm EXPECT the weapon to discharge. The gun's only got one job! Be ready for it! Guns go bang when you don't want them to.

And now for the closing argument:

12-25-10_2125.jpg

QED

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    Far be it for me to beat a dead horse . . . but apparently this here horse, I say, I say (a little Joe-jaw lingo), is alive and well.:D

First, STOP TOUCHING IT! Why is this numbnuts coonfingering a pistol where woman, children and everyone and his brother (everyone goes through Atlanta) is walking by? Why the obession to play with guns in front of soft, fleshy backstops. STOP TOUCHING IT.

Remember, every time, every single time, you load or unload a firearm it can discharge.

Every time, every single time, you load or unloaded a firearm EXPECT the weapon to discharge. The gun's only got one job! Be ready for it! Guns go bang when you don't want them to.

And now for the closing argument:

12-25-10_2125.jpg

QED
    Man, I sure didn't see THAT coming!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I think Kirk just hits "CTRL+V" and responds to these threads :)

"Popkin was arrested and charged with carrying a deadly weapon at a public gathering, according to the police report."

OK... is this seriously a crime in Georgia? Am I not allowed (if legally licensed to carry) to bring a gun to my neighborhood fireworks party on the cul-de-sac?

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana

And here, Kirk, is the translation that numbnuts and bubba twelepack hear: "Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah."

"Yeah, yeah, sure Kirk; I know all that, so stop whining. Hey, hold my beer; I'm gonna try something."

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I fly with my range bag.

What's the big deal. Just don't carry it on with guns.

What happens a lot in these airport cases is that the guys will put a gun in laptop bag one day and fly out with it as carry one in a couple of months.

Just another reason I hate off body carry.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    the leo pull the trigger & the revolver worked like it should

original
    The gun's owner was telling Phillips how to clear the loaded .22 magnum revolver when it was accidentally discharged.

fixed
    The gun's owner was telling Phillips how to clear the loaded .22 magnum revolver when Phillips pulled the trigger.

Them thengs' r compleecated.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    Man, I sure didn't see THAT coming!

Yep, i was surprised too,:D

I did, Kirk's talking to the choir all the time about this, problem is, most of them is not listening.

When I go to the 1500, I search out that little dirt strip and empty and reload there. It's better than having a AD inside the lobby or right outside the door where a ricochet can be a deadly thing.

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    I am with hoosierdoc, what's with the line "Popkin was arrested and charged with carrying a deadly weapon at a public gathering, according to the police report." ??????

Maybe he didn't have a license/permit/whatever they call it in Georgia.

Top Bottom