• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Article may be gone. At least, for me, the link is broken. I would guess the ad references the strong, anti-gun activities that Hitler advocated and employed in his rise to power, and the similar elimination of any rights to firearms possessed by the populace that is normally one of the very first actions taken by dictators upon seizing power. And in keeping with HuffPo's agenda, they are putting their requisite Lefty spin on this, of course.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    No reason to compare him to ANY of those people. To do so just makes you look foolish.

Well said.

People who do so minimize the henious actions of those individuals.
    In doing so they also minimize their critque of the president whom they could critique on his own behavior.

The dictators and gun seizure case can be made and stands on it's own merrit.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Um, no. Comparing him to people who have come before, and to whom he bears a resemblance, merely serves to warn of his potential. We must be ever watchful, even if what we're watching for never manifests, we must watch. We won't be ready to respond if we don't. We must be ready to respond. Watch.

Sabreur

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    No reason to compare him to ANY of those people. To do so just makes you look foolish.

Quite right. Just because murderous, totalitarian regimes enacted gun control does not mean any government that does so will, in fact, become a murderous regime (even though I would say we are certainly on that path). Rather than appealing to emotion,they could have made their case by only pointing out that gun control is merely one step on a long road that *can* end in genocide.

Just my thoughts.

williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    Um, no. Comparing him to people who have come before, and to whom he bears a resemblance, merely serves to warn of his potential. We must be ever watchful, even if what we're watching for never manifests, we must watch. We won't be ready to respond if we don't. We must be ready to respond. Watch.

exactly...well said:rockwoot:

:ingo:

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Very well said! I could not agree with you more. We must always be ready, we must always know that at least the possibility of a threat exists. It is a terrible thing to be caught off guard, and the results are never good.
    Reps to you!

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana

^^^ This! Disarmament is disarmament. If a bad guy is able to break into my house and rape/murder my family and I am unable to defend us due to disarmament by government action, how is this any less evil to me, as an individual, than the collective tyranny of a nation?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Just a nugget for the history buffs, Hitler actually relaxed German gun laws. It was the Weimar Republic that had banned private ownership following the end of WWI.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Just a nugget for the history buffs, Hitler actually relaxed German gun laws. It was the Weimar Republic that had banned private ownership following the end of WWI.

Did this "relaxing" of gun laws apply to the Jewish race and if not, how did that work out for them? Not trying to be rude, just curious.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

Well said.

96harley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    Martinsville
    I told some democrats their calling G.W. Bush, Hitler, was uncalled for but they told me they had a right of free speech.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom