Gun Advocate Organizations.....which one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I keep hearing about the 2aProject, but I keep running into a wall when trying to learn about them of "what makes them different" and "what more do they bring to the table as compared to GOA and, to an extent, NRA". They say they want to work on IN gun laws, but at the same time talking about national level work. Seems like it's still trying to find it's niche, but just seems like it doesn't offer anything new to the fight.

That’s fair. Do you know who Guy Relford is? In case you don’t, he’s the guy that founded it. He’s the guy that’s worked with folks like Jim Lucas to get good gun bills passed in Indy. He’s got a Saturday radio show on WIBC that is all about guns. I think he founded that with the immediate goal of being the Indiana, grass roots, gun rights activist organization. It’s new. I think it started just this past January so he probably doesn’t seem as slick and polished as the older, more established organizations. To me, the key thing is having a local, state focused answer to the red-shirted-moms that show up to every committee meeting to testify against EVERY positive gun bill that comes down the pike.

Nickbau5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I think he founded that with the immediate goal of being the Indiana, grass roots, gun rights activist organization. It’s new. I think it started just this past January so he probably doesn’t seem as slick and polished as the older, more established organizations.

I understand that and it would be nice for a local/state-focused group, but the way their website makes it sound is that they also plan to work on federal level also and seems like it's still trying to find it's groove.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I keep hearing about the 2aProject, but I keep running into a wall when trying to learn about them of "what makes them different" and "what more do they bring to the table as compared to GOA and, to an extent, NRA". They say they want to work on IN gun laws, but at the same time talking about national level work. Seems like it's still trying to find it's niche, but just seems like it doesn't offer anything new to the fight.
    Hi Nick! I'll try to field this one. I'm an NRA-ILA volunteer and a member of The 2A Project. As big as the NRA is, they can't be everywhere. I know the lobbyist for this area as well as the Regional Campaign Field Coordinator. They are responsible for several States, lets face it there are a lot of States and all have a lot of bills at State-level. We ain't even started talking about National level yet.

The 2A Project is a 501 c4 started by Guy Relford. 2A attorney and someone who will be at the Indiana Statehouse testifying for or against bills in committee that affect 2A. Too many times the people in support of bills that were pro-2A were Guy Relford, the NRA-ILA lobbyist (formerly Chris Kopacky, now John Barber), and me (a random dude from Hendricks County.)

The 2A Project is just starting up, but the goal is get Constitutional Carry passed here in the Great State of Indiana. We need to put more 2A butts in the seats and outnumber the mad moms wearing their free t-shirts from a man with a Napoleon Complex from whom they take their marching orders.

NRA-PVF Grades: There's a problem here. The former House Speaker kept ConC from coming up for a vote. He kept his A-rating because there was no vote. T2AP seeks to get a little more up-close and personal. What have you done for me lately?

Hope this helps. Join in the fun, can you speak in public? Chances are you're better than any of the mad moms.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Like so many things in life, if you can, spread it around.

0fc.gif

Helps to make sure that we focus on the true enemy.

Top Bottom