• ...and so much more!
  • cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Economies aren't fixed like this. You can say jobs are lost, but other jobs will take their place. We buy guns - if we don't buy AR's then we buy something else. Those that make something else see increased demand and employ more people.

Those people who made fax machines and VCR's are not sitting at home waiting for the market for those items to return....

If they don't produce ARs folks buy what? Toasters? What product substitutes for an EBG, but another EBG? But they'll all be banned. It's not like Chevy gets closed by the .gov so you buy a Ford.

And if the production of EBGs is banned, how long until revolvers and lever-action rifles are banned too? (Answer: not long)

Airsoft anyone?

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    Economies aren't fixed like this. You can say jobs are lost, but other jobs will take their place. We buy guns - if we don't buy AR's then we buy something else. Those that make something else see increased demand and employ more people.

Those people who made fax machines and VCR's are not sitting at home waiting for the market for those items to return....

I listen to Rush Limbaugh too, my point was losing a really sweet job and having to look for another.

Were they ever likely to vote Dem.?

No, that's kind of what I said.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    If they don't produce ARs folks buy what? Toasters? What product substitutes for an EBG, but another EBG? But they'll all be banned. It's not like Chevy gets closed by the .gov so you buy a Ford.

And if the production of EBGs is banned, how long until revolvers and lever-action rifles are banned too? (Answer: not long)

Airsoft anyone?

You're setting up a strawman here, the topic was ban on EBGs, not everything. I'm not naive, just limiting the scope of argument.

I'm saying if people don't buy an AR then they might buy an XD, or 1911, or Garrand or Rem 700. I don't hear too many people on INGO say, "I'm getting an AR or nothing!"

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    You're setting up a strawman here, the topic was ban on EBGs, not everything. I'm not naive, just limiting the scope of argument.

I'm saying if people don't buy an AR then they might buy an XD, or 1911, or Garrand or Rem 700. I don't hear too many people on INGO say, "I'm getting an AR or nothing!"

Not a strawman at all. An XD is a substitute for an AR? On what planet?

We don't have buggy whip factories because the whip became obsolete. Not because the .gov banned buggy whips.

If a citizen of the United States wants an AR, why should they not have one? Honestly. If the ARs go, what makes you think Sarah Brady will stop there? After all, Jim was shot with a .22 handgun...

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Not a strawman at all. An XD is a substitute for an AR? On what planet?

We don't have buggy whip factories because the whip became obsolete. Not because the .gov banned buggy whips.

If a citizen of the United States wants an AR, why should they not have one? Honestly. If the ARs go, what makes you think Sarah Brady will stop there? After all, Jim was shot with a .22 handgun...

Don't act like I'm in favor of any bans, and don't act like I don't know the true intent of those pushing "sensible gun laws". I'm merely stating that if one firearm is arbitrarily unavailable then most potential buyers will choose another firearm.

Is an AR15 a substitute for a M16? For a buyer looking at the paperwork and price tag - yes. I couldn't find a reasonably priced Springfield 1903 so I bought a M1 Carbine. Are they the same? No. Do they fill the same roles? No. But, they're both something I wanted therefore, for me one was a substitution for the other.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    I was thinking more along the lines of dollars, especially as to the loss of tax money for the Gov to run on. Where will this be made up? What will the additional cost be to the taxpayers in the form of unemployment.

We must also consider the trickle effect. Transportation, raw materials, tooling, shipping etc. would all be affected.

If there were a way to track the actual cost of banning even a few guns and accessories I would like to see someone smarter than me figure out the actual cost.

fyver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Not only all that's been mentioned before but what about all of the industry built around hunting, etc. ? So much of this would be affected.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    More help from China!
    china-flag-16.gif

And your grandkids get to pay!!

But if it saves one child (not including the unborn) it's worth it.

:rolleyes:

the chinese wont have to fire a shot to take america. give em another 4 years, and theyll just foreclose on us.

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Not only all that's been mentioned before but what about all of the industry built around hunting, etc. ? So much of this would be affected.

And how much more tax money will the Government lose? which will also turn into Federally owned lands lost or closed to the Public. Also lots of conservation efforts lost.

Unobogus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    I was thinking more along the lines of dollars, especially as to the loss of tax money for the Gov to run on. Where will this be made up? What will the additional cost be to the taxpayers in the form of unemployment.

We must also consider the trickle effect. Transportation, raw materials, tooling, shipping etc. would all be affected.

If there were a way to track the actual cost of banning even a few guns and accessories I would like to see someone smarter than me figure out the actual cost.

dak109, this is what I was referring too in my original post. I think it will have a noticeable impact on our economy. We can't afford anymore negative impacts on our economy.

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Maybe all the people they put out of a job will be hired to do the registration and back ground checks they have no idea how overwhelmed this system will be

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    I think the closest they come would be a ban similar to the previous awb. Even that will be hard. Just message your reps people and let them know that you don't approve of any more infringements. Now is the time to make our voice heard! If a ban actually takes place you will regret not having contacted your reps

Top Bottom