"Gun belt" for pistol class recommendations...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    I am looking into taking some pistol classes this spring...

I will be starting with a "Basic Pistol" class, and then taking a "Defensive Pistol" class, possibly more if available.

I need a good belt to use for this. I'm pretty sure all that will be on it is my pistol and a mag pouch, both OWB.

Right now I carry a pistol IWB and the belt I use isn't anything special.

What do you use and/or recommend. Links would be great as well. If it matters, I have a Safariland holster and a blade-tech mag pouch.

Thanks!

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Tactical Belt - Operator, Duty & Leather Belts | 5.11 Tactical

Any gun belt should work for a basic pistol class. Wear what you use for your EDC and you'll be fine. I have a couple of 5.11 Tactical belts, both nylon and leather. They are good to go.

59409_019_01.jpg

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    You really should also consider using a "gun belt" when you carry IWB. But, yes, you can get away with a lesser belt for IWB purposes for a short time.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I have 2 Wilderness Instructor belts. One is the 5 stitch and the other has the polymer in it. I also have the Crossbreed leather gun belt.
    I love the 5 stitch wilderness belt. It is perfect when I carry my xDm 40 Compact IWB with a Crossbreed holster or with the Blackhawk Serpa. The Crossbreed leather belt is something else!! I love it and it looks great. This is the first real leather gun belt that I have had. It looks good without a gun but really supports my holsters well. Another thing is that the Crossbreed has their 14 no questions asked return/exchange policy and a lifetime warranty.

I will also have at least 1 Crossbreed leather belt and 1 Wilderness Instructors belt.

Josey1972

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 29, 2013
    North Side
    Has anyone ever had experience with a Velcro gun belt? I have a stiff inner/outer belt for competition. The inner belt has a stiff plastic in it and of course all velco so I can dial it in for perfect fit depending on how thick my shirts are (I work outside some days and inside others and meetings where I wear a thinner oxford shirt for meetings on other days). I have been wearing my inner belt a lot but I'm going to destroy it doing that plus a black Velcro belt draws unwanted attention. That belt is so comfortable and infinitely adjustable... I want a leather belt like that for everyday wear. Anyone have experience on this?

Top Bottom