• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Im looking for a quality gun belt and wanted INGO's advice. I daily carry a Glock 21 GEN4 or a Colt 1911. Both are big heavy guns and ruin regular leather belts in about a month. I carry a gun almost all the time (cant carry at work :(). Id like this gun belt to be both comfortable and durable. I use IWB and OWB holsters. Looking for something I can purchase local or online and have within a week.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Daltech Force Biobelt. Esrice did a very nice write up on them. Search and give it a read. I bought one after checking it out. Had it in just a few days and locally made in Indiana. I carry IWB with either a Glock sub or compact.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    BeltMan, but unfortunately you can't have one in a week. Probably should consider the insert. I use these for both my Glock and 1911.

Wilderness Instructors five stitch would work for the Glock. 1911 might be a bit heavy.

partyboy6686

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Daltech Force Biobelt. Esrice did a very nice write up on them. Search and give it a read. I bought one after checking it out. Had it in just a few days and locally made in Indiana. I carry IWB with either a Glock sub or compact.

Thanks for the heads up. Good looking belt and supporting an Indiana business.

IMakeGum

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Consider Looper Law Enforcement ... I like these belts (I have 3) is that they have a strip of kydex built into them. If you look through the belt keeper holes, you can actually see the kydex strip. They are comfortable and durable. Looper Reinforced Holster Belt
    The only thing is that when I called Looper to order directly, the lady was a real crabby ***** and snapped at me, "All items are 5 weeks out!!" ....well, really cranky lady?? So, I did a google search for the Looper style that I liked and found it in stock at several distributors. ...so if you like the belt, search around and don't buy directly from looper...should be available.

indygamerguy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 29, 2013
    Muncie
    Glad I stumbled upon this from the main page, amongst everything else I research gun related I keep meaning to look for belt options.

$46 seems steep but my leather belts get torn up fast too, so perhaps giving the daltech a try would be worth it. People ever buy second-hand gun belts in the (potentially rare) event that it just doesn't work as good as expected? :$

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    For something right away, Gander Mountain usually has a decent selection of 5.11 belts for under $50. I have a leather one and the nylon operators belt. Both work well, but not handmade locally.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I have both a BeltMan belt and a 5.11 Casual belt.

BeltMan = every day wear (even with no gun), OWB carry, and IWB with a small pistol.

5.11 belt = IWB with full sized guns.

Belts are different lengths.

Absolutely whole-heartedly love the BeltMan belt.

I honestly don't wear the 5.11 belt much because with the other belt, I tend to carry OWB more due to how stiff and how much more comfortable OWB is.

The 5.11 can be had from Gander Mountain if you want it right now. I ordered mine from OpticsPlanet for a few dollars less.

-J-

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Glad I stumbled upon this from the main page, amongst everything else I research gun related I keep meaning to look for belt options.

$46 seems steep but my leather belts get torn up fast too, so perhaps giving the daltech a try would be worth it. People ever buy second-hand gun belts in the (potentially rare) event that it just doesn't work as good as expected? :$
    How much do you have in your gun/holster/mags, etc you are carrying?

Buy a good belt.
    They will give you a discount if you use promo code INGO

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    $46 only seems steep because you're used to buying cruddy Walmart-type belts.

$46 is an absolute STEAL of a price for a real honest-to-God gun belt.

"buy once, cry once" is often bandied about in regards to scope buying... Same holds true for buying holsters and belts.

Buy QUALITY once (or a few times) vs. buying junk several times.

As WebSnyper alluded to: How much do you have invested in the gun/ammo? Why the investment into a good Colt 1911 - only to hang it from the cheapest Walmart belt you can find?

Also, for the purposes of this discussion: Cheap does not equal inexpensive; and expensive does not always equal quality. I'd rather have an $80 Raven holster than I would a $100 High Noon Holster...

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Another vote for BeltMan here. I picked up one of his Quick Ship belts 2 or 3 years ago, and it's a great belt. I didn't get the kydex insert, and in fact have not needed it. It's thick enough without it. It's a good looking, heavy-duty belt that lasts.

I also ordered a spare buckle, in black, because that looks cooler. It only took a few days to get it.

bob190e

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2010
    Valparaiso
    I have a Galco Cop Series bought it at Blythes in Valpo, I also use an HSGI Cobra Belt 1.5". I ordered off their website and had it within a week i believe.

Sigmachirev

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2013
    Terre Haute
    No Joke.... I had he same issue, I carry a Ruger P95 its on the large side. I keep stretching out all my belts. one day while walking around the Dollar General I say a simple plan black belt on clearance for $4. I thought "why not" bought it and have worn it every day since. works great for carrying. It is thick and wide.

Top Bottom