• ...and so much more!
  • cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You got called a horse's ass by someone from the church. That should get you the ungraded onion rings too!

All I did was ask him if he was really sure he didn’t wanna pay $25 each for the 30 round standard capacity AR-15 magazines I had with me. They changed their policy on the fly when they realized a bunch of people could double or triple their magazine stash my selling some of it off to them and buying more at retail. I told him it would be terrible if these magazines I had fell into the wrong hands and killed somebody and that set him off. A fun day indeed.

Kurk Freeman gets props that day for trying valiantly to get $25 each for a large bag of full-auto rubber bands but they weren’t buying those either.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    All I did was ask him if he was really sure he didn’t wanna pay $25 each for the 30 round standard capacity AR-15 magazines I had with me. They changed their policy on the fly when they realized a bunch of people could double or triple their magazine stash my selling some of it off to them and buying more at retail. I told him it would be terrible if these magazines I had fell into the wrong hands and killed somebody and that set him off. A fun day indeed.

Kurk Freeman gets props that day for trying valiantly to get $25 each for a large bag of full-auto rubber bands but they weren’t buying those either.

Didn’t he use the “think of the children” strategy? I think combined with the “they could put their eye out” strategy, he might have been successful.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I dunno. anyone heard what they are paying? I have a 22 semi auto rifle (Stevens?) from the 70s with a missing front sight. It also had extraction issues and would only fire about every 3rd trigger pull due to light strikes. Been sitting collecting dust at moms for decades now. Trying to figure out if its worth the trip across town to "recycle" it. :):

Anyone ever hear if they ever turn anyone away due to what it is? (not that you can tell anything is wrong except for if you are paying attention. (front ramp is there, but the post assembly that screws into it is gone, so unless you inspect it closely you may not notice)

I would like to know how much they are paying as well. Like you, I have a junker .22 rifle that even after spending some $ on parts, I can't get it to run. Thinking I would strip out some of the valuable internal parts and then sell them the carcass. It's really the only way I can figure that I can break even on the POS.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I would like to know how much they are paying as well. Like you, I have a junker .22 rifle that even after spending some $ on parts, I can't get it to run. Thinking I would strip out some of the valuable internal parts and then sell them the carcass. It's really the only way I can figure that I can break even on the POS.

If you guys are going to junk some junk, Why not talk to Numrich or any local smith and see if they would buy them for parts?
    I'd rather see someone get some use out of the pieces

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    We have "gun buy backs" in Illinois also, so we use them for a good purpose.

CHICAGO GUN BUYBACK: Guns Save Life Nets $2420 For NRA Youth Shooting Programs | GunsSaveLife.com

{Quote
    Guns Save Life members netted our second biggest haul ever as we once again turned in broken-down, often rust-laden junk for perfectly good cash at a July 13th Chicago gun “buyback.”GSL will use the proceeds from this event to fund organized youth shooting programs, including sending young people to the nation’s longest-running NRA Youth Shooting Camp in Bloomington.}

Hope you take the time to check out the article from the GUNS SAVE LIFE web site. We are a real grass roots org. based in illinois for over 20 years and from the article you will find it is not our first time doing this.
    I should throw in a disclaimer. I am a long time member of GUNS SAVE LIFE, former regional director and still on the board of directors. I resigned the position of regional director this summer because I am in the process of moving to Indiana and that would not worked out being from out of state. The BOD position does not have any conflict so I remain in that position for now. As of yesterday the foundation is in along with the septic system so getting closer every day, can't wait. Jim.

[SUB][SUP]
    [/SUP][/SUB]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Seems like there were reports of nice scores on guns by some members catching people at gun buybacks.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    We have "gun buy backs" in Illinois also, so we use them for a good purpose.

CHICAGO GUN BUYBACK: Guns Save Life Nets $2420 For NRA Youth Shooting Programs | GunsSaveLife.com

{Quote
    Guns Save Life members netted our second biggest haul ever as we once again turned in broken-down, often rust-laden junk for perfectly good cash at a July 13th Chicago gun “buyback.”GSL will use the proceeds from this event to fund organized youth shooting programs, including sending young people to the nation’s longest-running NRA Youth Shooting Camp in Bloomington.}

Hope you take the time to check out the article from the GUNS SAVE LIFE web site. We are a real grass roots org. based in illinois for over 20 years and from the article you will find it is not our first time doing this.
    I should throw in a disclaimer. I am a long time member of GUNS SAVE LIFE, former regional director and still on the board of directors. I resigned the position of regional director this summer because I am in the process of moving to Indiana and that would not worked out being from out of state. The BOD position does not have any conflict so I remain in that position for now. As of yesterday the foundation is in along with the septic system so getting closer every day, can't wait. Jim.

[SUB][/SUB]

Well then. Early welcome to the free state of Indiana. Well. Mostly free. Kinda free. At least we don’t require FOID.

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    To quote another with a stronger grasp of logic than Wayne Moore and those of his ilk running this event, "What a bunch of maroons".
    “Ultra-maroons”, “im-bessels”, and “gulli-bulls” tend to associate with each other, according to the “wascally wabbit”.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Caught the end of a follow-up on WTHR. Looked like only a couple of firearms were "bought back". The short TV story with no follow up on their website tells me that it wasn't nearly as big a turn out as they expected. I think it was a big waste of time for those involved. Makes me smile! :D :D :D

Top Bottom