• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    There was an article in the newspaper this week outlining plans for a gun buyback in April. According to the article they are going to pay $100 for a gun and $10 for an air rifle or bb gun. The only stipulation is that "you can't use the money to buy another gun."

Police, volunteers planning gun buy back for Valley » Local & Bistate » News From Terre Haute, Indiana

Some of you may recall my experience with a gun buyback in Indy last year:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ndment/223485-gun_buyback-11.html#post3105019

I encourage INGOers to attend this event heavily. You could go to protest or to engage in private sales. Anything you do to make a mockery of this event would be fantastic. I would gladly participate again, but I have taken a job in Bangkok, Thailand, so I'm a little far away. There is a middle school near the mall it is being held at, so be careful.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Code:
    This is a great plan with all the gouging going on these days. There's plenty of money to be made at an event like this.Ive been wondering where all those $250 Ravens have been coming from.:rockwoot:

reesez

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Chevyville
    it says in the article they are planning on destroying the guns. but it doesn't say you can't set up in front of them and buy them for more first lol. I'd be down!

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Don't forget about the middle school in close proximity to where the buyback is being held. Not sure how Indiana law is written, but make sure you are not breaking any laws.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    HMMM a hundred bucks for the old POS frame I have with nothing else and no idea what it was in life? OH YEAH!
    It's a gun, there is a serial number and a barrel.
    Legally as per BATFE Rules, this is a firearms so they had better pony up the dough.

I don't think a protest at one of these would be a good idea, it would look bad for us and look bad in the news as well.
    I am also pretty sure they will run you off or find some way to arrest you for trying to buy them off of folks before the do.
    These buy backs tend not to get many decnt guns anyway though they can and do get a few winners in them that ill make you ant to cry.

I'll take that Jennings especially if it's a .22LR, but not for $100. :)
    I can make it work reliably too. Bet me.

I wish this wasn't happening here in my town. bastards.

Lowrider

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Valpo
    It just baffles me. Who do they think will turn in a gun at this type of event? People who obtained guns unethically or for illegal purposes sure won't turn them in. Is there really a target demographic or is it just for publicity? Plus $100? If they were really serious wouldn't it be $400+ Otherwise, they are just collecting junk.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Ill be there with atleast 2 junkers that I dont have $50 in the both of them if they say who the gift cards are from. Would be funny if its a walmart card....I would use it at a walmart that sells guns! Off to go collect some junkers! :D

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom